3 - Blown Away

Dedication to CrystalDiamond2 because her comments gave me life. I was 'Blown Away' lol

Chapter 3 - Candice Pov

I sat in silence not knowing what to say. I wasn't prepared for any of this. I was expecting to confront my boss for looking at me like an object; only to find out it wasn't so black and white. I can't pretend his confessions didn't touch me. Otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here like my brain cells disappeared. I'm flattered. It's all just a lot to take in. He just admitted to appreciating me on different levels. My work, my beauty, my intelligence. What woman doesn't want a man that sees more than just the exterior? But I'm shocked though, he said he's sorry for letting his feelings show. Meanwhile, I'm shocked he has feelings. There was lust in the air but feelings?

A part of me likes that he was able to be so open with me and that he was so sorry about how I felt. Since when, was Samuel so considerate? I could never deny that Samuel was an attractive man but I'd always questioned him. I thought he was this rude, self-absorbent man who was used to getting what he wants when he wants it. Whilst he was seeing all the good in me, I was seeing nothing but the bad in him. He was demanding and acted like he had no manners but it turns out that was all a front.

"I'm sorry" I finally spoke "I overreacted and automatically thought you had bad intentions"

"There's nothing for you to be sorry for. I'm the one who crossed the line" Samuel interjected softly. I almost didn't recognise the man sitting in front of me.

"All you did is look at me Samuel" I replied realizing how stupid I acted.

However I was glad I decided to approach him, as now I know how he really feels. "I overreacted because I was thinking about the way I'd came across. I didn't want you and everyone I work with thinking I would sell myself for a bonus or my own office because I'm not that-"

"I know" he looked into my eyes making me want to melt.

"But what if I don't want to move on from this?" I said surprising myself, because I was so bold.

Samuel looked as if he was about to say something but didn't.

"I don't want to dismiss what you just said. Or the moment we had earlier. I know you said sorry for crossing the line, but I felt it too." I admitted.

I'd never been so open with someone, but I felt like it was the least I could do as he had been so honest with me.

I bit my lip starting to regret what I said when I heard no reply. My mama never taught me much but she always said: A woman should never put all their cards on the table.

Plus I completely forgot about being professional.

My head shot up as I felt him touch my arm that was resting on his desk the whole time. "Then you should probably know that when you bite your lip like that, it has an effect on me" he said playfully.

I rolled my eyes at him, before releasing my bottom lip "Really?"

"Yes. Really" he replied mocking me.

I smiled, as I'd never seen this side to him before "So you think you're funny?"

"Nah" he replied making me realizing how informal we had become, "I think I'm lucky. Candice I want to thank you for hearing me out. I know me telling you I had these feelings goes against you being the professional woman you are." He said whilst his hand rested on top of mine "but I couldn't have you thinking It was just a lustful moment when the truth is I've been feeling you since you walked into my office."

I could feel the heat building up again as he spoke. Honesty is the way into a woman's heart. I suppose that's why many men think bullshit is the answer, but eventually what is in the dark comes to light and then it's over.

"And I know this is a surprise for you but I've been thinking this for a while which is partially the reason why I always call you in this office so many times"

I laughed, maybe a little too loudly. "The coffee" I said shaking my head.

"I knew I fucked up with that one when I said it was too cold. It's the first thing that came to mind." He laughed with me.

Then our laughs faded and we started studying each other's faces again. I took in his chiseled features, sharp hair cut, and his suit that looked like it costs a lot of money. It looks like it costs a lot of money, because it does cost a lot of money. Remember he pays your paycheck. Then I remembered we come from two different worlds.

He's my boss and I'm his employee.

"Don't over think it." He said as if he could read my mind.

His hazel eyes pierced into me as he leaned over the desk, moving some of my hair that ran away, behind my ear before he moved his face closer to mine. He used the same hand he moved my hair with to tilt my head up towards his. Then he placed his lips on top of mine, kissing me softly.

"Maybe we should start with lunch?" He suggested.

A/N What do you guys think? I'm thinking I'll write their little lunch date and then finally do a Simone Pov. Now I hate when authors get too excited and ask for too many votes/comments, when you just be trying to read a story BUT I'd wanna see a few comments to see whether I should continue. I mean if I'm the only one reading I might as well leave it on Microsoft word.

I don't mind the good, bad and ugly comments as this is my first book on here - seriously I want to improve.