Holiday gift exchange

Christmas for Meredith and Derek would be spent apart. Meredith had promised Izzie, Alex, George, and Cristina that she would spend Christmas with them because she spent thanksgiving with her boyfriend and his family. Derek would be at his house with his mom and all his sisters this time. Also there would be all eight and a half of his nieces and nephews. Half because one was a fetus and not quite a baby.

Christmas Eve though, Derek would be spending the night with Meredith and exchange gifts after dinner together. He would be teaching her how to cook a small ham, mashed potatoes, and some sort of vegetable.

That's what they were doing right now, making dinner. Meredith was stirring the mashed potatoes while Derek was pressing her up against the stove. His right hand was over hers, guiding her on mixing in the spices. His left hand was wrapped around the front of her waist, pulling her ass into his pelvis. The two couldn't stop smiling, laughing, and giggling. "Make sure you get all the chunks mixed in." He said seductively into her ear.

"Uh huh" she breathlessly responded. She slightly pushed her ass back as she made a big circle with the spoon, making sure to get the potatoes in the back of the pot and to put extra pressure on Derek's growing manhood.

Once satisfied with the taste and consistency of the mashed potatoes, Meredith turned around in Derek's grasp, pressed her body as tight as she could against his and attack his face with kisses. Also there, Meredith found herself to be satisfied with the taste.

"I'll pour the wine...set the table." She said smoothly after pulling away. Derek nodded and went to check on the ham and vegetables cooking in the oven.

Meredith and Derek sat down to a nice candlelit dinner filled with flirting and laughter. After feeding each other the sensual dessert of his mother's apple pie, they moved to exchange gifts in front of the fireplace. Meredith sat with her poorly wrapped gift, fidgeting with it nervously. She handed it to him first, wanting to get it out of the way.

Derek shook it, trying to figure out what was inside the tiny rectangle of reindeer covered paper. He slowly opened it, being careful as to not damage it. Once opened, he stared at the object given to him by his girlfriend. He stayed that way, going over every little detail before Meredith's voice interrupted his thoughts. "What do you think?" She asked nervously.

He never removed his gaze from the present in his lap, "I think my gift is complete crap." He finally looked up to Meredith and just stared at her in amazement before speaking again. "How did you find this?" He held up the item and knitted his eyebrows in wonderment.

Meredith blushed at the question. "Lexie owns a vintage bookstore and I asked her to keep an eye out if she came across one." She rubbed her hands over her bare legs, removing a piece of lint from the bottom of her dark green dress.

"Meredith Grey." He looked at her dreamily before getting on his knees and pulled Meredith to him. He engaged her in an all consuming and vehement kiss. "You got me an original copy of the sun also rises. I- I'm speechless. You amaze me."

Meredith was excited beyond belief but was a little disappointed that he didn't say he loved her. It had been a month since Meredith realized she loved him and half a month since she whispered it in her sleep. Derek had never told her what she said and had never gathered the courage to say it himself.

"What did you get me?" She asked then bit her lip in anticipation.

Derek handed her the gift, "compared to yours, it's kinda sucky." Meredith took the bag and peeked in. She pulled out a small jewelry box and opened it to reveal a small pair of diamond earrings.

Meredith bit her lip at the gesture and took them out to put them on. "I remember when we first started dating, I think it was our second cooking lesson...anyways, you were freaking out when you opened the door because you had lost one of your favorite earrings. I saw the other one in your ear before you took it out and bought you new ones." Derek placed his hand on her smooth knee and moved closer to her.