Chapter 6

Dedicated to all my readers. Thank you so much everyone for reading my story continuously and not to leave in the middle lol.
652 reads and 77 votes like seriously.
I am doing happy dance.
Thank you so so much.
Love you all.
Zayn in the picture.

Ariana's P.O.V.
*********

After helping Jess arrange her wardrobe, I came home tired and went straight to my room to take a nap. First I took a quick shower, changed into pjs and a loose shirt, and then lied down in bed.
I took a deep breath and kept staring at the ceiling thinking about Xavier. I have seen so many handsome boys but he was different. Although I haven't met him, he seemed unique and different from every other boy. I shut my eyes and buried my face into the pillow, my mind thinking about Xavier until I finally fell asleep.
_____________________________

"Ari."

"Ari get up."

I heard someone calling my name. I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"Ari get up it's time for dinner." I heard Matt saying. My eyes shot open. 'Time for dinner' it means I have slept almost the whole day and I still have to study for a quiz. I quickly removed the covers and saw Matt standing at the door way.

"Get your lazy ass up, Dad's here." He turned around but stopped and moved his head slowly to face me.
A smirk plastered on his face and eyes glittering. This expression of his is the sign of Matt the evil.

"What?" My voice came out husky.
"Did your friends like the surprise? I hope they did, because I worked so hard on it." His smile was reaching his ears like the Cheshire cat.

"That was too much Matt, you know I had to help clean Jess' locker. Why is your mind always in the swarm of evilness?"
I got up from the bed and dragged myself to the wardrobe to change.

"You were with them when you pulled the prank on me, so you deserve the punishment too."

"Whatever. Just go, I'm coming."

Matt left the room so I quickly changed my clothes and ran downstairs, and as usual stumbled at the last two.
I saw dad sitting, a smile appeared on my face. I loved my dad so much, he was my best friend, my hero, and my buddy.

"Hey daddy! I missed you." I pecked his cheek, which in return he kissed my forehead.

"Hey, my baby! I missed you too, come here." He patted the chair beside. I dragged the chair and took a seat, the smile didn't leave my face even for a second.

Mum placed the diner and we all began eating. Only the sound of spoon and forks could be heard.

"So how's your school going?" I moved my gaze from my plate to see dad looking at me.

"Well it's the usual dad. I have a quiz this Friday. How are your patients?" I asked and gulped the sio from my glass.

"They are doing fine honey, some are getting better and some are just the same. A patient just passed away, I tried my best to save his life but his condition was really critical."

Sadness was clearly visible in his eyes. He loves his patients and really cares about them.

I placed my hands on his, rubbing my thumb on his knuckles. He was looking pensively at his plate.

"Dad."
I shook him.

"Yeah, sorry I was just.."
"I know dad you were thinking about your patient. Look it's not your fault, you tried your best ok? It's the law of nature that everyone has to die. It's not in your hands." I finished and hoped he wouldn't think about it anymore.