New York State of Mind (A Ryder Lynn Love Story)

Hey!
So this is the third in the Superman series and it's after Not Alone.
This is going to be an interesting and dramatic sort of one. All the information you'll need to know so far is in the description of this story.
Enjoy!

---------------------------------------

Fast cars zooming across a busy street of New York.
"Ryder!" The muffled voice of Ryley Bridges comes from across the street throughout the busy crowds. Ryder Lynn turns to see Ryley, waving at him and full of happiness across the busy road. He waves back at her, smiling at her and all her beauty. She then thinks the street is clear to cross but it's not. She walks with grace and all smiles but a taxi is zooming quickly down the street. It's out of control and won't stop.
"Ryley! No!" Ryder shouts. He begins to run but he's not fast enough. The taxi slams into Ryley, killing her.
He wakes up instantly, sweating and trembling. His head zooms away from the pillow as he wakes up. It was just a dream. He couldn't bare to lose the love his life.
His hand rests gently on the sleeping body next to him. Ryley.
"Ryd?" Ryley's half asleep voice comes from beside him, moving a bit.
"Yeah babe." Ryder says, calming himself down slowly.
Ryley sits up slowly rubbing her eyes, "What's wrong?"
"I just had a nightmare." Ryder says.
"What about?" Ryley says, yawning.
"You dying. Me not being able to save you." Ryder says.
"Just like Anakin Skywalker dreaming about his love, Padme Amidala in Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. He dreams about her dying and he can't stop it." Ryley says.
"How do you know that Star Wars reference?" Ryder asks, smiling.
"Star Wars is the greatest movie series of all time. Well, that, Toy Story and Harry Potter." Ryley says, smiling.
"You really are the perfect girl." Ryder says, his smile getting bigger.
"I've been told," Ryley pecks his cheek, "Now time to go back to sleep." Ryley lays back down. Ryder lays next to her, wrapping his arms her.
"Night." Ryley says.
"Night." Ryder says and kisses her cheek one last time before they return to sleep.
This is their first proper night in their New York apartment and this was the first of many times Ryder has nightmares about Ryley dying.

-------------------------------------

Ryder is up before everyone else that morning. He stands in the kitchen of their New York apartment, a cup of hot chocolate he hasn't drunk yet in his hands. He just keeps remembering that dream. It was just so vivid to him.
"Morning." A voice says, coming into the kitchen to open the fridge. Ryder looks at the source of the voice. It's Marley Rose, opening the fridge while still wearing her pyjamas to look for something.
"Morning." Ryder says.
"What's wrong?" Marley asks, closing the fridge with a carton of juice in her hand.
"I had this nightmare about Ryley being hit by a car. I woke up trembling and sweating from it. It woke her up too." Ryder says.
"Wow." Marley says, pouring her juice. She then drinks it one gulp.
"It was really vivid and scared me a lot." Ryder says, looking down at his now cold hot chocolate.
"Is Ryley still in your bedroom?" Marley asks.
"Yeah. She was asleep when I got up properly an hour ago." Ryder says.
"Have you been standing out here since then?"
"Yup."
"That dream must of really had it's affect on you."
"It did."
Jake Puckerman walks into the kitchen, kissing Marley as he passes her.
"Morning to both of you." Jake says.
"Morning." Marley says, with her usual burst of pep.
"Morning." Ryder's voice sounds tired.
"What's up man?" Jake asks.
"Marley, can you please explain to him what I just told you as I pour my now cold chocolate down the drain and go take a shower?" Ryder asks.
Marley nods and begins to explain to Jake what she knows about what's going on with Ryder. Ryder pours his drink down the drain then heads to his bedroom.
"Morning." Ryley says as he enters.
"Morning." Ryder says back to her.
"How've you been since the dream?" Ryley asks.
"It's really taking it's toll on me. It keeps replaying in my mind."
"That's why I heard you get up about an hour ago."
"Yeah."
"I would've gotten up with you but I thought you needed sometime alone."
Ryder sighs, "I just don't wanna lose you."
"You're not telling the future. People have dreams like that all the time. You're not a psychic or a Jedi. You are Ryder Lynn, the love of my life and the only man for me." Ryley says.
Ryder smiles, "I should probably have a shower. We have all our boxes to unpack so we should get all sorted out."
Yesterday, the four friends had gotten both Ryder and Jake' trucks and packed them full of boxes. Ryley went with Ryder in his car while Marley went with Jake in his car. They had arrived pretty late in New York so they brought their boxes to their apartment, ordered pizza then went to sleep. All their boxes were currently in the living room.
"You go have your shower. I'm going to have some breakfast since I'm starving." Ryley says, throwing the covers off of her. Ryder smiles and heads to their en suite bathroom. Ryley goes into the kitchen/dining room to find Jake and Marley kissing at the table while holding their hot drinks.
"Too much PDA." Ryley says, opening the fridge.
"Rye, I've walked in on you and Ryder almost having sex in our living room. This is nothing compared to that." Marley says. Jake sniggers. Ryley looks really embarrassed.
"We were not going to have sex in the living room." Ryley says, closing the fridge with a water bottle in her hands.
"Explain why you weren't wearing a t-shirt, Ryder was shirtless and you were sitting on his lap." Marley says.
"We make out that way, okay." Ryley says.
"Yeah. Sure." Marley says, not believing the story.
"Okay maybe we were going to have sex but we didn't know you were home. We thought you had gone out." Ryley says.
"It's fine, Ryley. I'm only messing with you but it was disgusting walking in on you two almost having sex." Marley says.
"I'd say the same if I walked in on you and Jake about to have sex." Ryley says.

----------------------------------------------

As the guys carried the boxes through the living room and into the rooms the boxes are supposed to be in, Ryley and Marley sat in the kitchen talking about something random.
"Can you girls help us?" Jake asks, wiping sweat of his brow and removing his t-shirt to reveal his singlet underneath.
"We're girls and you're guys." Marley says.
"Point?" Ryder asks.
"Guys are strong while girls are the weak little ones who need help." Ryley says.
The guys roll their eyes as they carry more boxes around and the girls just laugh. The doorbell rings and Ryley goes to answer it.
"Kurt! Blaine! What are you guys doing here?" Ryley asks, happy to see the two guys at the door.
"Well, we are your neighbours across the hall. We heard you were moving to New York for college so we decided to bring you a welcome to New York gift." Kurt explains.
"What?" Ryley asks.
Blaine holds up a pot plant, "A plant is a nice thing to have in a first apartment. It might just be a plant but it is the thought that counts."
Ryley takes the plant off Blaine and looks at the plant, "Thank you." Marley comes to take the plant from Ryley and put it on the kitchen counter.
"Come in you two." Ryley says, gesturing for Kurt and Blaine to enter.
"So where's the guys?" Kurt asks as he and Blaine walk in.
"Moving the boxes around." Marley says.
"Why aren't you two helping?" Blaine asks.
"We're girls. They're guys. Get my point?" Ryley asks.
Blaine and Kurt shake their heads in confusion.
"Well, guys are generally strong than girls so..." Ryley says.
"Oh now I sort of get it." Kurt says.
"Where's everyone else from your apartment?" Marley asks.
"Well, Rachel and Finn are possibly having sex so we had to leave the apartment for a bit. I'm pretty sure Brittany and Santana went for a run." Blaine says.
"Yeah, we made a sort of pact with our apartment that the other couple have to be out of the apartment for a couple to have sex." Marley says.
"Same with us." Kurt says.
After a while of talking, Kurt and Blaine say goodbye and head back to their own apartment.

----------------------------------------------------

So a nice prologue right?
I hope you guys like the premise of this story so far.
I'm really interested in this storyline too

Vote!
Comment!