Chapter Twenty-Six

The two men walked into the courtyard, glad that nobody seemed to notice them yet. Quinn spotted a few woman who seemed like they would be maids and pointed. "We could join them..." Ramian smirked and nodded. "Let's do that then..."

Both walked over and attempted to shield their faces. Woman with beards? That would blow their cover for sure. The maids honestly were too caught up in their work to realize the imposters. Ramian and Quinn then followed along with some baskets of sheets to go into the actual castle.

As they followed the ladies, they realized that they had no idea where Jack would be. This was a castle so it would take forever to search every room. Ramian pulled Quinn to the corner and hide behind something. "What should we do? I'd take forever to find him searching each room!" said Quinn.

"Well...we could ask where the Queen is at the moment...wouldn't she be with him?" This brought a smirk to Quinn's face. "Sounds perfect!" Once again, they walked over and then tapped one of the maid's shoulders.

"Oh?" She questioned as she looked at them suspiciously. In his most "feminine" voice, Ramian asked, "Where would our dear Queen be at the moment?" The maid crossed her arms over her chest. "And why would you need to know that?"

Quinn and Ramian exchanged glances. This wasn't how they had planned this to go. "Well, um, she forgot her crown..." The maid sighed softly. "If she has done that, then I will take it to her." This was definitely not the plan.