Chapter Nineteen

Jack stared up at the ceiling as he sighed softly. The pain was practically unbearable at this point and for some reason, he wished that he was back home. A tear slid down his face as he thought of his family living on without him. How were they handling themselves? Was his family alright?

More tears slid down his face. Normally, he would try to hide his tears, but he knew he was in no state. Besides, he had no one to act tough for at the moment, or at least he thought. Elsa had decided to check on him, just to see him crying softly.

This shocked her. He seemed a lot more weak on his own and she felt pity for him. How could she just not love him? To be honest, he reminded her of herself when she was younger. She pushed the door open a bit more, but unfortunately for her, the door creaked loudly and he turned to look at her.

He hadn't expected anyone to see him when he was like this. Quickly wiping his tears, he sighed. "Um...did you need anything?" Her cheeks heated up as she stared at him. What could she say? That she was spying on him? Of course not.

Standing up, she pushed the door open more and stepped inside. "I, um, just wanted to check on you." She walked over and sat on the ground beside the bed. He watched her the entire time that she moved. Gently, she placed a hand on his cheek, which was slightly wet.

Her actions caused him to blush a bit. Jack reached up and grabbed her hand to push her away, but she just placed her other hand on his opposite cheek. Now, she was holding both of his flushed cheeks as he stared at her, confused.

"Elsa?" He questioned. "What are you do-" Jack never exactly got to finish his question because Elsa pressed her lips to his. He had not even thought for a moment that she would do something like this. But of course, he kissed her back anyway. A moment later, they pulled back with deep crimson faces as they panted softly.