Chapter Thirteen

Knowing that he didn't seem to want to talk about that subject, she switched to something else. "Well, then, do you have any hobbies? Interests?" She questioned him. "Uh...I can play a bit of guitar, carve wood, and I know quite a lot about sailing, but most of that hasn't been important for years since I've mainly just been a thief."

Elsa didn't approve of his response but didn't say anything about that, instead, she said, "Then you must wish to pick up on those things once more, don't you?" In fact, he wasn't quite sure if he wanted to. It had been so long since he had done anything that he actually enjoyed.

"I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. I've been so caught up in not getting caught that I haven't done anything for myself." This surprised the queen because he seemed to do many things by himself with his arrogant attitude, but perhaps she was incorrect.

"I see. Well, I bet I could find some spare wood laying around somewh-" he cut her off. "No, no, I don't need you to do anything like that. I'm going to be out of here as soon as my leg heals, alright? Just pretend like I'm not even here." She wasn't sure that she should do that. He was a guest now and an injured one at that.

Sighing, she stood up. "If that is what you wish, so be it." However, Jack didn't really want her to just leave. If he wanted to be honest, he would've told her how lonely he had been on the seas even with those men, and how he just wanted someone to talk and joke with.

"H-Hold up!" said the man as he grabbed her wrist gently, as he had earlier that same day. "I don't really want you to leave...don't ask why...but please just don't." He couldn't tell her the real reason why, but as she sat back down with a nod of her head, he felt a prick of happiness rush through his heart. A queen was going to stay just because a commoner had asked her to. It pleased him.