Chapter Sixteen

The rest of the day, they spent time far apart from one another. Despite having kissed, they seemed even more distance than before. Elsa knew that she had just met him and that she shouldn't have acted the way she did towards a commoner such as him.

Even Jack had this same thought running through his mind. He was only a commoner so he had no chance of ever being with a member of the royal family. Especially a Queen.

The sun was falling below the horizon when the two finally resigned to their beds. Once again, Elsa changed into a simple nightgown and let her hair loose. The entire day the thought of the man in the other room buzzed in her head. She couldn't help herself.

Meanwhile, Jack was sitting on the edge of his bed. This was all so bizarre to him. First she hated him, then she kissed him, what was happening? He groaned softly and rubbed his temple gently. She was confusing so well.

The next morning, the male awoke earlier than the queen did. Once again, his blasted leg was bothering him. He knew he could tell her, but being as stubborn as he was, he had no desire to inform her of his legs pain.

This was very foolish of him for it only grew worst. When Elsa knocked on the door lightly so no one could hear it except him, he just groaned softly in reply. Concerned by his lack of words, she pushed the door open.

There he was, laying on the bed. He barley sleep at all during the night and had dark bags underneath his eyes. His appearance surprised her. Jack's hair was even more messy than it had been before and he looked a bit sickly.