Chapter 19: Gone

- Avery/ Chloe's POV -

Every time a minute would pass I would feel my insecurities gnawing at me. Every time a hour would pass I would feel my confidence die down little by little. I waited for Parker to return for hours until I gave up and made my way into my bed, letting sleep overcome my senses.

"AVERY!"

"AVERY!"

Who the hell is calling me? Don't they see I'm trying to sleep?! I opened my eyes and then immediately closed them from the sudden brightness. Ugh! Squinting, I looked over to see Parker kneeling down besides my bed. I was wide awake now. I jolted up and jumped out of bed.

"Avery! Finally! I have to tell-" he started but I cut him off

"FINALLY?! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I WAITED UP FOR YOU AND YOUR SAYING FINALLY?!" I yelled incredulously and to say he looked shell shocked would be an understatement

"You waited up for me?" he said as a smile started to appear on his face. Oh hell no!

"Get that smile off your face! I cant believe you, where were you? I was-" I stopped my rant because I was suddenly aware of a scent. A female werewolf scent. On Parker. I walked closer to him and sniffed the air, causing him to stiffen.

"Oh" I said but it felt like a whisper

"Avery, I can explain-" he started but I held my hand up to stop him from continuing

"Explain?" I laughed dryly even though my heart felt like it had a dozen glass shards surrounding it, waiting to be punctured. Parker stayed silent. I didn't need him to explain, the look on his face said it all. Regret. Guilt. Sadness. Defeat.

I-I g-gotta go" I said shakily running my fingers through my hair, heading towards the door

"Wait! I need to tell you something...." Parker shouted but it didn't matter anymore. I was already out the door. I walked across the hall and knocked on Madds and Meg's door.

"What the hell is your problem?" Meg said her eyes closed when she opened the door but when she opened her eyes and saw me all traces of sleep vanished from her face.

"Avery or Chloe or whatever your name is, why are you crying?" Meg questioned as she pulled me into her room. Crying? My hands flew to my cheeks and indeed I was crying. Aw chiz!

"I'm sick of people saying that!" I sniffed straying from the topic

"From now on my name is Avery and Chloe is my middle name. Ok?" I said and I wiped my eyes since my sight was becoming blurry.

"Ok. Now, for the question at hand. Why are you crying?" Meg asked and just as I was about to open my mouth to answer Madds decided to interrupt.

"Oh hey" Madds said but when she also saw my tears she had a mask of worry

"Oh my gosh what happened?" She gasped and Meg glared

"Well, she was just about to explain" Meg trailed off looking back at me

"I uh- I um- I smelt a female werewolf's scent on Parker" I whispered softly. I still couldn't believe it. I didn't think it would hurt this bad. We weren't even dating for Christ's sake! But we were mates.

"That bastard!" Madds said the same time Meg said "That ass!"

"I know" I smiled sadly

"Do you want us to kick his ass for you?" Meg asked and I shook my head no

"No, but what I would like is a toothbrush. Can I brush my teeth here?" I asked

- Parker's POV -

"FUCK!" I yelled in anger and grabbed the nearest object and threw it against the wall. It just so happened to be a vase. I cant believe I let her get away so easily. I didn't even beg for her forgiveness. I didn't even tell her what I needed to warn her about. 

She probably thinks I had sex with another girl and I didn't even tell her that it was just a kiss. Even though it was just a kiss, it still doesn't excuse it. If Avery kissed another man I would probably rip out his throat so I cant help it if she doesn't ever want to talk to me again.

 But, I need her. I cant survive without her. I quickly walked to the door and opened it. I walked out into the hallway and I was about to start my search for my mate when I heard a scream. Her scream. I swear if someone hurts her, I will kill that person. The scream came from Madds and Meg's room, Avery's friends. I ran over and pounded on the door.

"Avery!" I yelled and in return I gained another scream of fear from the other side of the door. Raising my leg up, I kicked down the door with a force. What stood before me was Madds and Meg in wolf form. Both of them bloody and almost unconscious. The windows were shattered and most importantly. Avery was gone.

I couldn't breathe. I dropped to my knees and sunk to the ground. 

My mate.

 Gone. 

A part of me. 

Gone. 

Half of my heart. 

Gone. 

Suddenly an anger overwhelmed me. I knew who help put this in place. I stood up and stormed out of the room. I knocked on the room door that belonged to Hunter and his mate Scarlett. Hunter opened up the door.

"Go into Madds and Meg's room. Get them to the pack doctor" I commanded in my Alpha tone

"Yes Alpha" Hunter nodded and I walked away to find the one person I wanted to kill so badly.

Ryan.

I stormed into his room and looked around. He was lying in his bed, guilt free. That little prick. I walked over trying my best to control my anger but it wasn't working because my canines were coming out. I took a hold of his leg and pulled him out of the bed, slamming him onto the floor.

"Ah! What the fuck man?!" he yelled starting to stand up

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I roared and he looked like a deer caught in headlights

"Who?" he asked playing dumb and I punched him straight in the nose and he fell down.

"YOU FUCKING KNOW WHO! ANSWER ME" I growled and I felt my eyes starting to darken. By now I've attracted a crowd. Most people were huddled by the door watching the scene unfold. Ryan got up from the ground his nose all bloody. It was starting  to heal though, thanks to werewolf abilities.

"I NEEDED TO DO IT! I HAD MY OWN REASONS" he yelled gaining more confidence when he saw all the people by the door. I guess he didn't want to look like a loser in front of his pack.

"SHE'S MY MATE. AND YOUR FUCKING SISTER! TELL ME WHERE SHE IS OR SO HELP ME GOD..." I shouted 

"I'm an Alpha too, you don't give me orders." Ryan said and I punched him. Hard. And I did it again. And again. 

"PARKER! STOP!" someone yelled but honestly I could care less. Someone held my arms from behind me and held me back but I broke free.

"Is this what Avery would want you to do?" a gentle female voice asked and I stopped. Hearing her name calmed me down immediately and I stopped punching the worthless trash in front of me. I turned around and saw the Luna of this pack. Avery's mother. Then, besides her was the Alpha. Avery's father. Everyone was silent now and so was I.

"What seems to be the problem?" the Luna asked softly 

"Avery's missing, and your son helped them take her" I gritted out

(AN: Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes! I hope you enjoyed! Please try to vote or comment, I'd appreciate it!)

-xoxoxo purplebunnies106 ♥♥)