21. What the hell is this??!

Tighnari placed back his tumbler on top of his table. He looked at the analog clock on the wall. It is 2.15am. He took a deep breath, rubbing his hands together to keep it warm.

"Shit, why the fuck is it too cold??" Tighnari thought to himself. He switched off the air conditioner, attempting to increase the temperature a bit inside the room. It is still raining outside. He took a glance outside the window. Some parts around the hospital started to have puddles of water rising unusually normal.

"I swear to god. Where the fuck is the report I was asking for?!" Tighnari shouted inside the room, slamming the table. He is starting to lose his patience. He requested a report from the pathology department about Scara's blood and his lung samples he took about 3 days ago from a needle biopsy. He is walking back and forward inside his office, trying to reduce the anxiety building inside him.

Finally, a nurse rushes into the office, handing out a file containing everything Tighnari requested. He took the file, thanked the nurse before the nurse walked out and closing the door. Tighnari immediately opens the files, skipping some pages that isn't important. His eyes squinted before suddenly widens out.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??!" Tighnari shouted again. His hands trembles and the file fell from his hand, scattering the papers on the floor. He held his hair and shouted angrily.

"What do you mean Scara had leukemia??!!" Tighnari sat back onto his chair, trying to calm himself down. Scara's condition turned out to be worse than he expected. Scara is diagnosed with two types of cancer, lung cancer and leukemia, a type of blood cancer. He took a deep breath.

"Calm down... It is treatable... It's treatable... Everything is fine..." Tighnari whispered to himself. He grabbed his phone and dialed Scaramouche. He shoes tapped impatiently on the floor, feeling nervous. A relief to him, the call was picked up.

"Hey Tigh. Need my assistance or what?" Scara's voice can be heard from the phone. Tighnari cleared his throat.

"Nah. It's just... I think you must be warded now. Your condition is worse than I thought" Tighnari replied. Scara can be heard sighing through the phone.

"How worse? It's at least treatable right?" Scara sounded hopeless through the call. Tighnari looked outside the window, staring at the rain droplets falling freely under the moonlight.

"Leukemia and Lung cancer... Just... Look I know you love Kazuha but-" before Tighnari finishes his words, Scara cuts him off.

"I'm coming" Scara muttered before the call was ended. Tighnari looked at his phone screen, sighing before sliding it back into his pocket. He bowed down, picking up the papers scattered around in his room.

After finishing cleaning up, he picked up the hospital phone and dialed the receptionist.

"Hello, Dr. Tighnari here. Ask the nurses to prepare one ward please" Tighnari asked a favour.

"You sound tired doctor. Is it about Dr Scara?" The receptionist asked. Tighnari sighed, placing his head onto his palms.

"Please... No more questions. I am trying to save my friend's life here..." Tighnari muttered before placing down the phone. He leaned back towards his chair, slightly tearing up a bit.

---

Scara got out from a taxi all by himself. The wound from the back of his neck already healed up. He thanked the driver before heading towards his workplace. He headed for the counter, asking about information about Tighnari.

After getting the information he needed, he headed off to find Tighnari. Eventually, he found Tighnari sitting at the pantry, sipping on a cup of tea. He looked at Scara with a forced smile.

"You sure this is possible? I mean, aren't we literally breaking the hospital's procedures?" Scara asked. Tighnari scoffed before placing his cup onto the table beside him.

"Fuck the procedure. It's only you and me carrying this whole hospital. What are they gonna do about it? Fucking fire us?" Tighnari replied before heading out. Scara chuckled before following after Tighnari.

Tighnari always stands by his own principles. His main goal is to save lives, not milk profit from patients. There is no use of calling someone a doctor if what they are focusing on is to make money and not save lives.

The hospital cannot do anything about both Tighnari and Scara. They are the only specialists they have in the whole hospital whilst other doctors is no different than a clinic doctor. Tighnari brought Scara into a ward room. Scara sat onto the bed, taking the saline solution and hanged it.

"You do you. You are a doctor yourself" Tighnari muttered as he took out some materials and medicines required to ward Scara up. Scara chuckled.

"What? So this is a serve yourself treatment now?" Scara joked. Tighnari chuckled a bit as he turned on the heart monitor and tested it.

"This feels very much illegal to do, you know?" Scara asked again as he injects himself with a needle connecting to the saline solution. He screwed open the valve a bit, letting the saline slowly flow into his vein to neutralize his blood. Tighnari laughed.

"So, how is Kazuha by the way? You told him about coming here?" Tighnari changed the topic. Scara was silent. He laid down onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"It is quite cold. Rain hasn't stopped since yesterday's afternoon" Scara muttered. Tighnari looked at the weather outside. There is no sign about the rain stopping soon. He shrugged.

"That's La Nina for you. Hopefully this place didn't flood like back in 2014" Tighnari exclaimed. Scara hummed. He wiped out his phone, scrolling on his social media.

"Yea...right..." Scaramouche ended the conversation. Shifting back his attention onto his phone as Tighnari finishes everything else up. Tighnari looked at Scara with an unpleasant expression.

"You think you can avoid my question? How is Kazuha?" Tighnari asked. Scara shivered from Tighnari's words. He thought he had finally able to change the topic. Tighnari stood beside Scara, looking at him.

"What happened to him?" Tighnari asked again. Scaramouche sighed. He killed his phone and placed it onto the side table. He took a deep breath before exhaling the carbon dioxide out from his corrupted lungs.

"I broke up with him" Scara said in one straight line. Tighnari was silent. He pulled his fox ears, making sure he is hearing right.

"Come again?" Tighnari repeated his question.

"I broke up with him" Scara whispered slowly. Tighnari stood beside Scara silently. He is at loss of words. He never expected those words to come out from Scara's own mouth, judging on how close and romantic the doctor and the bartender was.

The analog clock inside the room was ticking, reminding that this is the reality and not a dream. Tighnari's mind went blank. It's not a dream. The bartender and the doctor were not together anymore and it seemed like Scara refused to elaborate further about it.