14. La Luna

Kazuha dragged himself out from the city. His eyes were flooding with tears, his clothes was soaked from the rain in Sumeru City. He didn't want to see Scara ever again. His so called 'moment for himself' is ruined by witnessing Scara's betrayal towards him.

Kazuha screamed in anger, his voice echoes throughout the open field. He took a deep breath before puffing out the carbon dioxide through his mouth. He looked towards the sky. A full moon can be seen at a distance around an another city which if Kazuha recalls correctly is named Port Ormos. He sat down on a bed of grass under the rain, looking at the night scenary.

"At least... I am close to nature..." Kazuha whispered towards himself. His hands trailed against the crease on his wet slacks, flattening it. Kazuha sobbed alone in the nighttime, slowly letting out his bottled emotions leaving him.

-

Scara in the other hand was picking up some of the fruits that Kazuha left. He sighed, feeling irritated towards the girl who ruined his life and emotionally broken from Kazuha snapping off towards him. Scara picked up a sunsettia and looked at it.

He had flashbacks on how his friend died in front of him when he was a child. He was bringing Lavender Melons he picked from a tree, wanting to surprise his best friend as it is his favorite fruit. As he got arrived his usual hangout spot, he was shocked to see a crowd surrounding the place along with a few polices. He squeezed through the crowd, trying to find his best friend. He wished he never did it.

The melons in his hands fell onto the ground after Scara sees the situation in his eyes. His friend was lying in a pool of blood. Stab wounds can clearly be seen from his neck, his face and his chest. Little Scaramouche fell onto the ground, passing out from the shock.

Scara closed his eyes, shaking his head. It hurts his heart everytime the dark memory played at the back of his head. A tear can be seen trailing down Scara's eyes as he munched on the fruit he picked.

Scaramouche need to find Kazuha. He knew he had to apologize, no... Must apologize. He ran outside the city, knowing that Kazuha must went to calm himself down along with mother nature. Muddy splashes were left as he ran along the road, trying to make things right again.

He was looking left and right, the rain made it hard for him to catch a clear view and to make matters worse, it is 1.00am. in the morning. He stopped after a few minutes of searching. He saw a figure of a man standing not far away from him, admiring the moonlight at a distance.

Scaramouche thought it was the bartender he loved. He ran towards the figure but had his hopes crushed as turned out it is not Kazuha. Instead, it is a young adult wearing a gold and black t-shirt. He had a long silver hair, covering his right eye. He had red eyes, making Scara almost mistaken him as a vampire.

"Huh? What are you doing here, Doctor?" The man asked Scara. Scaramouche stopped, he remembered the voice as he always heard it when he was studying back in the Akademiya. Scaramouche squinted his eyes.

"Cyno? You are still in Sumeru?" Scaramouche questioned the man. Cyno nodded. He looked up towards the sky.

"I just arrived yesterday from Inazuma. Why are you here?" Cyno asked Scaramouche. Scaramouche looked around, he is still keeping an eye out trying to find the bartender he is longing to.

"Have you seen a man with white hair? He wears a red white maple leaf hoodie" Scaramouche looked at Cyno. Cyno pointed towards a nearby cliff not far away from the place they were standing.

"I saw a guy with white hair over there. Not sure about the clothing though but... I can accompany you" Cyno said in a straight line. Scaramouche agrees. The duo walked with a pace towards the cliff. Every step made Scaramouche's heart beats faster. He is worried about every single possibility of bad things happening towards his lover.

Arriving at the cliff, Scaramouche had his heart finally slowing down seeing Kazuha sitting on a bed of flowers, staring towards the deep forest across the ravine. Scaramouche and Cyno slowly walked towards the heartbroken bartender.

"Kazuha?" Scaramouche muttered slowly. Kazuha looked behind him, his expression never changed even a slight crease on his skin. He looked at both Scaramouche and Cyno, letting out a warm smile before staring back towards the woods.

"Scara, can I ask you a question?" Kazuha suddenly muttered. Scaramouche slightly shivered from the sudden talk. He sighed.

"Go ahead.." Scaramouche whispered slowly, still standing behind Kazuha. Cyno finally catching up what was going on between the two young man remained silent. He didn't want to disturb the interaction between them.

"Do you think Lyney still deserved to die...?" Kazuha asked.

"No..." Scaramouche simply replied. It is the same question that Venti threw towards him back in the bar a week ago.

"How was your life before I came?" Kazuha questioned more. Scaramouche was silent. He took a deep breath.

"It was normal. Until you came, my life had never been more happier without you" Scaramouche confessed. Kazuha nods. He stood up, stretching his body before turning his body, facing Scaramouche.

"You have treated a lot of cancer patients before, do you think.... the pain they went through before beating it and living a normal life is worth it...?" Kazuha asked more theoretical questions. Scaramouche had a bad omen in his heart.

"Yes, it was definitely worth the pain" Scaramouche replied. He looked towards Cyno before looking back at Kazuha staring into his eyes.

"How would you describe death...?" Kazuha questioned Scaramouche more.

"Just like cancer... It will affect one's life of losing their loved ones..." Scaramouche answered Kazuha's question. Kazuha sighed.

"So...you had one cancer now. From Lyney's death" Kazuha muttered. Scaramouche was silent. He sniffed before looking back towards Kazuha.

"You could say that..." He muttered. Kazuha let out a warm smile.

"But you are a doctor. You surely knew how to deal with two cancers at the same time right...?" Kazuha asked the weirdest question Scaramouche ever heard of. Scaramouche looked at the ground, trying to think of an answer.

"What do you mea-" before Scaramouche finished his words, he looked towards Kazuha. His eyes widens seeing Kazuha holding out both of his hands while standing at the edge of the cliff. Kazuha smiled warmly, looking at the doctor which used to brought warmth in his life.

"You will have two cancers now Scara... Thank you for being with me... Goodbye.." Kazuha muttered before letting himself loose balance and falling down backwards down the cliff. Both Cyno and Scaramouche was shocked. Scaramouche felt his heart was about to explode.

"KAZUHA! NO!" Scara's voice echoes as both him and Cyno ran towards the cliff, looking down. It was full with water racing down towards the sea. Scaramouche was shaking. He finally leaped into the ravine, diving into the water.

"SCARA! YOU CAN'T SWIM!!" Cyno shouted but it was too late. Both Kazuha and Scaramouche was nowhere to be seen and none of them are floating on the surface of the water.

"FUCK!" Cyno shouted. The heavy rain made it hard for him to call for help and it is almost 1.30am. He ran down the cliff, thinking that he could catch up with the duo before they are swiped out to the sea nearby Port Ormos.