5. You stole it but, you can keep it

The heavy rain finally stopped after what feels like an eternity. Kazuha was watching the news on his phone while eating a cup of instant ramen he bought from the convenience store. The umami flavour made his tongue tingled from the flavourful broth and the chewy noodles.

Realizing the noodles is running out, he stood up and reached out for 2 eggs in his refrigerator. As he was cracking the eggs, his phone rang. Kazuha looked at the caller's id. It was Gorou. He picked up the call.

"Hello Gorou, what's up?" Kazuha greeted Gorou through the phone. He was expecting Gorou's usual happy and excited tone but instead, he was met with a familiar voice through the phone.

"Hey Kazuha~" Lyney's voice can be heard throughout the phone. Kazuha sighed, knowing that Lyney might be waiting for him at the bar at that moment judging by him using Gorou's phone to call for him.

"Oh, hi Lyney. Planning to get drunk again?" Kazuha asked, mixing in the egg yolks into the leftover ramen broth. He can hear giggling and a number of laughing coming from the phone.

"Kinda. Anyways, Scara is here with his partner. When will you come for your shift?" Lyney asked. The word 'partner' echoes through Kazuha's mind. He could feel his very heart tightens up, being wrapped around with a barbed wire. Kazuha felt a tear running down his cheek.

Feeling betrayed, Kazuha ended the call. Grabbed his bag and ran to the ground floor of the apartment using the stairs. Luckily for him, the rain had stopped. He ran as fast as he could towards the bar he worked at. Feeling angry, demanding answers from Scara.

-

At the bar, Scara and Lyney were sitting at the counter, enjoying their refreshments. Gorou refilled a patron's glass from the corner of the counter before heading back towards the duo, leaning against the counter with his elbow rested on it.

"Lyney, you sure he will be fine with this joke of yours?" Gorou asked. Lyney giggled, placing down his drink onto the ceramic countertop.

"Well, take it as a way to show you that your co-worker is in love with the doctor beside me" Lyney said, shoving his elbow slighty towards Scara. Scara only scoffed before continuing to enjoy his drink. He can taste huge gap between Kazuha's and Gorou's drink.

Kazuha's drinks are more balanced in terms of flavour and alcohol contents. The temperature of Kazuha's drinks which is the soul for alcohol matches perfectly with the current vibe, weather, situation and mood of the customers.

As Scara was about to compare it with Gorou's drinks, the doorbell rang and fast steps can be heard heading towards him and Lyney.

"LYNEY! YOU SON OF A- " as Kazuha was about to finish his words, Scara placed his finger on Kazuha's lips, silencing him. Kazuha was stunned, silent by Scara's actions. Scara pulled the barstool beside him and pats it, seeming like asking for Kazuha to sit down.

Kazuha sat down, catching his breath and rubbing his eyes. Scara placed his hands on Kazuha's thighs, tracing a circle on the slacks he was wearing.

"I don't have a partner. Lyney was just joking" Scara said, nudging Lyney's arm. Lyney chuckled before raising both of his hands.

"Sorry Kazu... But hey, at least that proves to us that you are in love with Scara, right?" Lyney said, trying to defend himself. He remembered how Kazuha once held him tightly before lifting him up in the air and slamming his body down to the ground. He doesn't want to end up in the same situation again for this joke of his.

Kazuha grunts, crossing his arms. He stood up before heading behind the counter and rested his bag on the shelf. He took his punch card, clocking in before placing back the card along with the others. He was 10 minutes early and Gorou didn't even finished his shift yet.

"No drinks for you Lyney. Even if you beg for one, I'll give you nothing except a cup of decaffeinated coffee" Kazuha muttered, crossing his arms while looking across the bar. Lyney whined, knowing the fact that he isn't able to get drunk for the rest of the night.

"Aw come on! I'm sorry Kazuha~" Lyney held Kazuha's elbow, shaking it. Scara couldn't help but chuckled looking at the two friends' shinanigans. He leaned closer towards Gorou.

"He is cute when he is mad, don't you think so?" Scara whispered. Gorou smiled at Scara's words. Gorou lowered his body, whispering something towards Scara's ears. Scara nodded before leaning backwards, pretending to enjoy his alcohol. As it is purposely emptied up, Scara raised his glass.

"Zuzu, can I get a refill?" Scara asked. Kazuha's eyes widens as he heard what Scara just called him. His body was shaking from the embarrassment, his face started to turn red from the amount of blushing.

"W-what did yo-you call m-me?" Kazuha asked, his words were stuttering as he was shaking like massager. Scara chuckled, smiled warmly before looking at the glass. The white warm bar lights pierced through the crystal clear glass, shining through the ices and the water droplets around the glass.

"I can't? Well that's a shame Zuzu... As far as I know, a bartender named Zuzu who turned drinks into heaven is the reason why I came here often now" Scara said, sighing at the end. Kazuha was speechless. He could feel his face heating up from the name Scara called him. He covered his face in embarrassment, crouching behind the counter.

Scara slightly laughed at Kazuha's actions. He leaned against the counter, trying to see a glimpse of Kazuha being shy and flustered from the name he was called.

"I will call you Zuzu too if you don't serve me coffee and alcohol tonight~" Lyney said in a somewhat flirty but threatening tone. Kazuha, unable to stand with it rose up, cracked open a bottle of vodka and immediately poured it into a shot glass before sliding it towards Lyney.

"Only if you stop calling me that" Kazuha said, almost stuttering at the end. Lyney giggled before downing the shot, looking back at Kazuha.

"Worth it" Lyney said before sliding a dollar bill onto the counter. Scara raised his glass, still asking for a refill. Kazuha sighed before cracking open a ginger beer and started making the usual Gingle Ale.

Before handing the drink towards Scara, he held back for a moment. His breathing was faster than normal. He looked at Scara with a slightly flustered face.

"C-can you call me that again?" Kazuha slowly muttered. Scara leaned his head to the side, feeling a bit weird out by Kazuha's request.

"Call you Zuzu? Do you want to be called Zuzu by me hm?" Scara asked. Kazuha's face went all red and warm from Scara's words. He slided the alcohol towards Scara before taking the bill and stuffing it into the cashier.

"W-well... I guess only you can call me that..." Kazuha admitted. He was ashamed, but actually enjoyed being called Zuzu by Scara. It made him feel loved, spoiled, and special. Scara smiled warmly from Kazuha's request.

"Hey! Why only he can call you that? Why me and Lyney can't?" Gorou whined, raising his hands up. Kazuha covered the half of his face with his palm, still looking at Scara.

"That's because he stole something from me" Kazuha said in a straight tone, facing at both Gorou and Lyney. Gorou refilled Lyney's shot glass before putting back the alcohol into the freezer.

"Really? What did I steal from you?" Scara asked Kazuha. He stood up, leaning towards the counter and placed his face around 4 inches away from Kazuha's. Kazuha slightly smiled after hearing the question from Scara.

"My heart. You stole it but, you can keep it" Kazuha said, grabbing Scara's collar and brought it closer to his face. Scara was able to feel Kazuha's warm breaths blowing against his upper lips. Scara squinted his eyes.

"You are a dangerous one, aren't you Zuzu?" Scara whispered. Kazuha released his grip, allowing Scara to sit on his stool. Scara chuckled after noticing the trickster and the brown haired bartender was stunned, silent about the scenario that just happened infront of their own very eyes. Slowly, droplets of rain can be heard again from the outside, adding more of the cold weather for the night.