7. Don't ask me that question again

Scara slowly opened his eyes, feeling something huge pressing onto his body. He laid there in silence as his vision automatically fixes itself. He smiled warmly as he saw a red streaked hair bartender is lying down on top of him, purring almost like a cat. Scara smooches Kazuha's forehead, running his fingers through Kazuha's messy hair.

Kazuha groaned a bit before waking up and found himself facing eyes to eyes against Scara. Kazuha tittered before placing back his head against Scara's chest, listening to his heartbeat amidst the cold rainy morning. Scara took a deep sniff at Kazuha's hair, closing his eyes.

The smell can be described as smooth to the nose, attractive to most men. It felt like a quick euphoria in the morning. Scara hugged Kazuha closer to him, strengthening the bond between them. Kazuha looked up and stared at Scara.

"Morning Scara... How are you?" Kazuha whispered gently. His warm breaths are clashing against Scara's neck. Scara chuckled before

"Slept like a log last night.. Perhaps, one of the most comforting sleeps I've ever had ever since" Scara said, pressing his weight onto the soft bed. Kazuha giggled before sitting up on top of Scara, stretching his body. Scara held his mouth as Kazuha's oversized t-shirt slightly lifts up, exposing his waist. Scara flinched to the other side of the bed, hiding the fact that he was blushing.

"Aww, the doctor is blushing? How cute~" Kazuha whispered, kissing Scara's cheeks before standing up and made his way to the toilet to wash his face. Scara sat on the bed, massaging his own shoulder to wake himself up even more. After a while, Kazuha finished and went back to the bedroom, sitting on the bedside. 

"So...Scara? What are your plans for today?" Kazuha asked, reaching for his phone on the other side of the bed. Scara stared up to the ceiling for a while before paying back his attention towards Kazuha.

"Since it is still raining, how about we go have a bowl of warm soup at a restaurant?" Scara gave out his suggestion. Kazuha shivered a bit from the cold, rubbing his own skin in an attempt to keep himself warm.

"Yea, sure. Nothing better than a piping bowl of hot noodle in the cold morning right?" Kazuha replied, already thinking about what kind of ramen he wanted. After some small kisses, both of them began dressing up, preparing to go for a breakfast.

---

"I never knew you didn't like pork Zuzu," Scara said, tapping his chopsticks against the table while waiting for their ramen to be served. Kazuha tittered before sipping on some warm matcha tea that he ordered. Scara prefers a black tea without sugar since he isn't fond of anything too sweet. It made his head act up if he consumed a lot of sugar in one day.

"I just don't like anything with pork. The only protein I can stomach is beef, fish and chicken" Kazuha replied before taking a deep breath. The aroma from the tare and ramen broth being cooked in the kitchen is filling up the dining area. Seeing a female waiter bringing two bowl of ramen, Kazuha snapped his chopsticks. The waiter gently places their bowl of ramen and bowed down before scooting away from the table, leaving the couple alone. 

Kazuha's choice of ramen is a chicken flavored shoyu ramen while Scara went with the classic miso ramen which is one of the staple types of ramen from the Land of Rising Sun. Both of the young adult began to indulge on their breakfast, savoring every single bite while talking about some topics. Kazuha had his heart tightening up as Scara told him a story about a patient who was suffering from lung cancer and how he fought it until he finally managed to barely beat it even though it is already at stage 3. 

"Wow, he is a strong person huh..." Kazuha said, resting his chopsticks in the bowl. Scara nodded.

"He always talks nonsense, but his battle what made me rethink about the value of life" Scara whispered, slightly staring down at the empty ramen bowl in front of him. He sighed, remembering on how he used to treat Heizou even though Heizou was stayed hopeful until the end of his time. Scara is not brave enough to tell Kazuha about it. Kazuha mutters to himself. 

"Well, I guess we are finished here right doc?" Kazuha stood up, finishing the last sip of his matcha tea. Scara chuckled before standing up. They already paid for the meal at the beginning of their order. The doorbell ringed as they walked out from the store and was met with a gust of cold wind and the raging sounds of thunder.

Both Kazuha and Scara walked down the sidewalk, holding an umbrella to protect themselves from the rain. Kazuha noticed that Scara flinches and started to look around every time a thunder strikes. He was curious on Scara's response to the thunder. Scara seemed to be scared of the thunder while Kazuha finds out that the sound of thunder is calming to him whenever he is lying on the bed, indulging his mind on a nice book.

"Scara? Are you afraid of the thunder?" Kazuha asked. Scara immediately looked at him. Kazuha was silent after he saw Scara's expression. It was not the usual friendly expression he is always met with. Scara's eyes is wide open, his teeth was gritting and his face seemed to be holding back the urge of harming someone?

"Scara? What is it are you afraid of?" Kazuha asked, trying to pry more on Scara's secrets. Scara scoffed.

"Enough, don't ask me that question again" Scara replied in a cold and strict voice. Kazuha stopped, shocked and speechless on Scara's reply to his question. Scara continued to walk amidst the rain and Kazuha stopping behind him. Kazuha clenched his fists. He ran towards Scara, his steps made little splashes from the rain puddles collected on the sidewalk.

"Scara! Tell me! I am your boyfriend after all right??" Kazuha begged, holding Scara's shoulder. Scara immediately grasped Kazuha's wrists, gripping onto them tightly. Kazuha was shocked. He never saw this side of Scara's personality.

"I SAID ENOUGH!!" Scara shouted, pushing Kazuha towards the road. The time suddenly felt like it stopped. Scara felt everything is going slow around him. He caught a bright light shining from the corner of his eye followed by a slow paced horn sound. He looked to the right, his eyes widens as he saw a speeding sedan coming towards Kazuha who was still falling onto the road.

Scara looked back at Kazuha, tried to reach out Kazuha's hand but his fingers only touches with Kazuha's fingertips. Scara's heartbeat raised as the speeding sedan's brake screams, letting out a high pitch metal scratching sound to his eardrum.

"KAZUHA!" Scara's slowed up screams echoes throughout the street. His expression was in shock as the sedan crashed into Kazuha from the side, sending Kazuha flying about 3 metres away before the back of his head fell first onto the hard road. Everything suddenly went into normal speed again. Kazuha was lying on the floor, blood started to ooze onto the puddle filled road.

Scara ran towards Kazuha, craddling him in his arms. He looked at the wound, it seemed like to be a blunt hit contact wound. He is afraid that Kazuha might had a critical cranium injury judging to the sound from the moment his head met the road. A crowd began to appear, circling around the injured bartender and the doctor.

"KAZUHA! SCARA WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING?!!" a familiar scream can be heard not far away. Scara looked behind him, just to find out that Lyney was running towards the him. Scara could feel his heart racing hard. He accidentally made the biggest mistake in his life.