Intensity

Braeden's POV

It was 9:00 PM, and we had finally arrived back in Richmond. I was carrying Valé on my back as she yawned and I stepped off the plane.

"No place like home." Declan smiled.

"Bro shut up." Lenny said. "Cornball."

"Come on." Declan sighed.

"Do you think Spex and everyone else missed us?" Dylan asked.

"I sure as hell missed my lady." Said Lenny. "Let's get back asap."

"Was Valé really that tired?" Lavana asked as we began walking back.

"She's still regaining her life force from healing Reta." I said as I lifted Valé higher on my back.

"I hope everything was okay while we were gone." Said Lee. "I know the other heroes can handle themselves but I still worry."

"I'm sure they're fine." I said.

~~~

Soon, we had finally made it back to our facility.

Lenny looked at Declan as we walked inside.

"What?" Declan said with confusion.

"I was expecting you to say something corny." Said Lenny.

"Ahhh no place like home!" Declan said right on cue as he stretched his arms out.

"Thanks..." Lenny sweat dropped.

"Hey Valé." I started. "We're here."

She woke back up, and rubbed her eyes, then climbed off my back.

"Where is everybody?" She said with confusion. "It seems so quiet."

We then heard footsteps and saw Spex walking towards us.

"Yo Spex!" Declan waved to him, then gave him a thumbs up. "It's a mission complete!"

But... something was off. Spex wasn't smiling. He was always smiling...

"Spex...?" I said.

"We... need to talk." Said Spex.

My heart sank when he said that. I have an incredibly bad feeling... what the hell could've possibly happened in the few days we were gone...?

Echo's POV

Minerva and I watched as Kenji unleashed a blast of wind from his hands that was so powerful, it crushed and destroyed all of the training bots that stood before him.

"Wow Kenji!" Minerva exclaimed. "That was so cool!"

"Thanks Minnie!" Kenji gave her a big smile and made a fist. "I feel so unstoppable. Living at Waycorp has really helped me learn how to use my powers more."

"I can't wait to start fighting with mine." Said Minerva. "We're going to be such strong heroes. Right Echo?"

"R-Right!" I smiled and nodded.

I loved talking about being heroes with Kenji and Minerva, and I was happy that we shared the same dream. I just need to get comfortable with using my powers. Minerva used hers just one time, and it was she seemed so powerful... I know how to use my powers, I'm just really scared to.