Diamondback

Lee's POV

Dylan and I reached the address that The Detroit Kings had given us, and we stood before a big mansion.

"So this is where Diamondback stays." Dylan said. "What do you think we can expect?"

"Not sure." I said. "But one things for certain: this guy will 100% have powers. We've gotta be ready for anything."

"Right." Dylan nodded.

We walked up to the front doors of the mansion, and knocked on it. After a few minutes of ringing a man walked out.

"Diamondback ain't taking visitors right now." He said.

"He'll make time for us." I said, but his facial expression proved that he wasn't a fan of my answer.

He clutched the gun on his hip before speaking to us again.

"I said Diamondback ain't taking visitors." He spoke again. "Now get the fuck up outta here or-"

"Take it easy my nigga." We heard another voice, and a black man walked down the steps and to the doorway. "I've been expecting them since yesterday."

He was tall with dark skin. Around 6'3, and had a fade haircut. He wore diamond earrings as well, but he had a face that seemed rather kind.

"Are you Diamondback?" Dylan asked.

"I am." The man replied. "Heard ya'll whooped some of my boys in basketball just to see me. Come in, let's talk."

Diamondback walked into his mansion, and Dylan and I followed. We walked into an office like room where Diamondback sat down and looked at the two of us.

There was silence for a while as we all just looked at each other.

"So... you're really Diamondback?" I broke the silence. "The leader of The Detroit Kings?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "What was you expecting?"

"Nothing. It's just-" I started.

"Why are ya'll here?" Diamondback asked.

"You need to stop this gang war." Dylan said. "Go see Big Homie, and make peace with The Double Sets."

Diamondback looked at us like we were stupid, then laughed.

"Ya'll don't even know why we at war with those niggas." He shook his head.

"Okay. Then why?" I asked.

Diamondback pulled his shirt down, and showed us the Hyper Crystal that shined on his left pec.

"They been calling me Diamondback ever since I first got my Hyper Crystal." Diamondback spoke. "I can create diamonds anywhere on my body. I can break them off too. That's how I got so rich. Big Homie was my main nigga back when we was lil niggas. We both got powers when we turned 16."

"You two were friends?" I asked.

"We was. Then that motherfucker started talking bout some 'now we can be heroes! We can get our family out the hood'. Nigga sounded so damn soft. He wanted to abandon everybody here in the hood." Said Diamondback. "That don't make no damn sense. We got into a fight, and he couldn't go nowhere without the money from my diamonds so he had to stay in the hood. Eventually, we ended up creating The Double Sets and The Detroit Kings."

"Wait... that's why you two are at war?" Dylan said. "Because Big Homie wanted to be a hero, and move his family out of the hood?"

"He was finna leave everybody else here!" Diamondback said. "What kinda nigga does that to they niggas?!"