Operation: New Moves!

Braeden's POV

Lightning shrouded my hands as I aimed at one of the training dummies.

"Voltage storm!" I yelled as I unleashed bolts of electricity from my hands, exploding into the dummy.

"That was good." I heard Valé's voice behind me, and I turned around to greet her.

"I don't know." I said. "Something feels... weird."

"Weird how?" She asked.

"I can't really explain it. It's like... I feel like I can do something more. Specifically with that move." I told her.

"And that's exactly why we're training!" Spex said as he approached Valé and I.

"Spex!" I smiled.

"You may have the Perfect Hyper Crystal, and although you've unlocked 100%, you can still grow stronger. You're only 17 years old. The older you get the more powerful you'll become. There's plenty of different ways you can use your power, you've just got to figure out how." Spex smiled.

"Spex!" Declan called his name. "I've got an idea, but I think I'll need some help."

"Sure!" Spex said as he headed over to Declan.

"Good luck." Valé smiled at me. "You'll be fine."

"Thanks." I smiled back at her. "It's just hard for me to learn new ways to fight without fighting an actual opponent."

Valé's face began beaming and her eyes lit up like she just had an ephiphany.

"What's the name of that game you guys used to play? Remember Dylan and Kyro played it?" She asked.

"Knockout?" I asked.

"Yeah!" She smiled. "Why don't you guys play that instead of fighting training dummies?"

"That's a great idea!" I smiled back and immediately ran over to Spex.

"If you open up your arms more, you'll be able to cover a wider area with your power." Spex was talking to Lee when I reached him.

"Spex, Valé just came up with a great idea to help us all train." I said.

"Huh?" Spex turned around and looked at me. "Alright, let's hear it."

"What if we play knockout? That way we can actually train through combat with each other." I said.

"That is a great idea!" Lee excitedly said. "Can we do it Spex? This'll give me a chance to try my new move in a fight."

"Hmm..." Spex pondered before smiling. "Sure. It's definitely a more effective way of training. Everyone! Gather around!"

I looked back at Valé and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled and shook her head, then gathered with the rest of us.

"What's up Spex?" Preston asked.

"Change of plans. We'll be playing knockout for todays training." Spex said.

"Woah." Dylan spoke. "That's a throwback. Last time I played knockout... was with Kyro."

"Kyro... man I miss him." Declan said.