A Sellout-Ass Hero

Braeden's POV

Lamont led us to a house and stopped in front of it.

"We're here." He said. "This my house."

"And Big Homie is in there?" I asked.

"He should be." Said Lamont. "Mama too."

I looked back at Valé and gave her a nod. She nodded back as we headed inside along with Lamont and Lavana. It was dark inside, with most of the lights being off.

"Marquise? Marquise is that you?" We heard the voice of an older woman.

"It's me mama." Lamont said as he guided us through his house and into a bedroom.

There was an elderly black woman laying on the bed with a respiratory machine hooked up to her.

"Lamont you finally done came home?" Reta said, then she sat up and noticed the rest of us. "Who are they?"

"Hi Mrs. Reta." I spoke to her as I walked forward. "My name is Braeden."

"I'm Valé it's nice to meet you." Valé smiled and waved.

"Lavana!" Lavana said with pride as she pointed to herself.

"We're here to help you." I gave her a warm smile. "We know about your injury. My friend Valé can-"

"So ya'll really pulled up to my crib?" We heard an unfamiliar voice as we heard the door open behind us.

There stood a tall black man. He was at least 6'6 and he wasn't wearing a shirt, so I could see his Hyper Crystal shining on his ribcage. He was incredibly buff and glared right at me.

"Marquise where you been?!" Reta said.

"Don't worry about it mama." He said as he looked at me.

Reta then laid back down on the bed and passed out.

"She fainted?" Lavana said.

"She goes in and out of consciousness a lot." Said Lamont's brother as he glared at us.

"Marquise they-" Lamont started.

"Lemme hear it from them." He spoke, still not taking his eyes off me.

"So you're Big Homie." I said as I walked up to him. "Listen man, we didn't come here to fight you or take away your mom. Your little brother called us here to put an end to the gang war, and help your mom."

Big Homie looked back at Lamont and shook his head.

"Never thought my own lil bro would the mole that called heroes on us." He said. "But I already knew you had called them."

"W-Wha-?!" Lamont said with shock. "You knew I called them the whole time?!"

"That makes sense..." Said Valé. "He was prepared for us the second we got into Belmont."

"Yeah ya'll can go ahead and leave." Big Homie said. "I ain't stupid. Ya'll just finna call the police and get me and my gang sent to jail. Forget allat."

"N-No." I said. "We understand why you created the Underground Arena, but listen. It has to stop. People are seriously getting hurt and some are even dying. We aren't going to call the police or anything. I don't really think you're a villain Big Homie."