Infight

Braeden's POV

Hector smashed his flaming leg straight into Valé's belly. She wasn't using her Direct Counter Type, so she could feel the damage, but even still, it all stacked into her glowing fist.

"Fist Of Retribution!" She yelled as she swung her powered up fist into Hector.

"A-Agh!" Hector cried out as he was sent flying out of bounds.

"Hector's out!" Said Spex.

"Nice Valé!" I excitedly pumped my fists.

"She's gotten so strong." Capri smiled. "She's amazing."

"She's always been one of our strongest fighters." Said Lee. "I'll never forget her fight against Gravestone."

"She's trained really hard non stop." I said. "Honestly, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of her abilities."

Valé helped Hector stand back up, and looked to see if he had any injuries.

"I'm okay Valé." He told her. "Jeez you're strong... there really wasn't anything that I could do against you."

"Don't feel bad okay?" Valé smiled at Hector. "Let's both grow stronger the best we can."

"Yeah." Hector agreed and smiled.

They headed back over to us, and Valé stood by my side.

"Sheesh..." I teased her. "You sure you aren't the strongest hero?"

She smiled and giggled when I said that.

"Maybe one day I'll come for your spot." She winked at me, which admittedly made me blush.

"Hmm..." Spex said with concern as he looked around the room, like he was searching for someone.

"Spex?" Declan said. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Spex smiled. "Let's keep going."

He began randomizing names again, and it stopped on Dylan and Preston.

"Finally." Preston said as he looked at Dylan. "Seeing everyone else fight has been making me itch for a good brawl."

Dylan nodded his head.

"That's exactly what I'll give you." Dylan said as he put his fist to his palm.

"I don't know about this one..." Said Lee.

"What do you mean?" Callie asked.

"This isn't a good matchup for Dylan. He's mostly a close range bruiser, but Preston's attacks are pretty much long range. It'll be difficult for Dylan to get close." Said Lee.

"He'll be fine." Said Declan. "Preston's strong, but Dylan's one of the Upper 5."

Dylan and Preston stood inside the box, and got ready to fight.

"Ready... begin!" Spex said.

Dylan immediately ran at Preston, throwing a flurry of punches, but Preston blocked every punch by creating shields of light energy.

"Preston's blocking all of his punches but... Dylan's only going to hit harder right?" Said Jailen.

"That's right." Said Willis.

"Gigaton Punch!" Dylan yelled after building a 50+ combo, and punching at Preston's light shield with so much force, it shattered completely.

"Light Speed Lasers!" Preston yelled as he fired golden beams of light from all 10 of his fingers.

"S-Shit!" Dylan cursed.

He was up too close to dodge as the laser beams seared into him.

"Woah..." Said Declan. "Maybe you were right Lee."