Chapter 41 The Demon-Subduing Pill

Wukong, seeing the four celestial generals attacking the Bull Demon King and figuring the latter could hold his own, descended to confront Wei Earth Pheasant. Wei Earth Pheasant, amidst a group of lesser demons, was like a tiger amongst sheep, rampaging through with ease. His spells were unstoppable, causing the demons to scatter.

It was then Wei Earth Pheasant caught sight of a stunning woman clutching a small fox, trembling beneath a cliff, unsure of what to do. Recognizing her as a demon, he hurled a rock straight at Hu Yu's chest, aiming to kill both her and the unborn child with one shot.

Paralyzed with fear, Hu Yu, despite her cultivation, lacked the experience to evade. In that critical moment, Hu Zhi leapt from her arms, taking the rock head-on. With a crisp crack, Hu Zhi was shattered, collapsing to the ground, while the rock, losing some of its force, struck Hu Yu's left arm instead.

Ignoring her pain, Hu Yu rushed forward to embrace Hu Zhi, finding him lifeless. Overwhelmed with grief, she launched herself at Wei Earth Pheasant, screaming for her husband's life.

Wei Earth Pheasant sneered, ready to kill again, but Wukong arrived in time, forcing Wei Earth Pheasant to flee and pursue other lesser demons.

Wukong saw everything clearly. Hu Zhi's head was crushed beyond salvation, even for a celestial. Saddened and enraged by the loss of Hu Zhi and Hu Yu, who had followed him to the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit, Wukong couldn't pause to comfort Hu Yu and charged after the celestial soldiers.

With Wukong's return, the lesser demons regained their spirits, and under the direction of the Four Marshals, they mounted a counterattack. Despite the bravery of the celestial soldiers, they were outnumbered and quickly subdued.

Wei Earth Pheasant, seeing the tide turn, fled to the skies, joining the assault on the Bull Demon King.

Wukong followed, aiding the Bull Demon King against five opponents, quickly gaining the upper hand. Enraged, Wukong unleashed his skills with the staff, each move more ingenious than the last. Even the Bull Demon King kept his distance. In just a few rounds, Wukong's staff sent Xin Yuehu plummeting, her body splitting in two as it hit the ground, her soul fleeing.

Wukong's staff had struck Xin Yuehu directly, her body nearly severed in half. As she fell, her demon pill burst forth, landing fortuitously before Hu Yu.

Hu Yu, in the midst of her grief, noticed the golden demon pill. The temptation was irresistible. Without a moment's hesitation, she grabbed the pill, unnoticed by the battling forces above or the demons below. The pill, untainted by blood, warmed her as she held it, soothing her to her core.

She swallowed the pill without a second thought...

With Xin Yuehu's death, the remaining celestial generals realized their defeat was inevitable. They exchanged looks and fled in different directions. The Bull Demon King, having not secured a kill himself, felt slighted and took off after two fleeing generals.

Wukong, seeing the lesser demons had the situation on the ground under control, chased after Wei Earth Pheasant on his cloud.

Wei Fire Tiger, relieved to have escaped the clutches of both the Bull Demon King and Wukong, was still shaken from his confrontation. Despite his strength and formidable physique, he had never faced opponents like them before. Determined to escape and report back to the celestial court, he was caught off guard by a slim macaque blocking his path, not the same iron staff-wielding monkey from before.

Attempting to flee underground, he was caught by the macaque, who slammed him into the ground, creating a huge imprint. Despite his attempts to retaliate with his innate fire, the macaque easily avoided the attack and continued the assault until Wei Fire Tiger was on the brink of death.