Chapter 44 Battle with the Evil Jiao

The strike of the long whip against the water curtain caused it to burst open like a floodgate, unleashing a deluge from the crack that disappeared in the blink of an eye. The entire water curtain, carrying the force of ten thousand jun, crashed down as if the entire firmament was pressing down without distinction.

Wukong knew the pressure in the water must be incredibly immense, so he utilized all his skills, channeling his magical power to employ his water-repelling divine ability. True to the Great Sage among Water Apes' unique skill, not a single drop of water touched him despite the countless gallons falling.

Wukong dared not linger, pushing himself to swim upstream. The Jiao Loong, with a face of disbelief mixed with shock and anger, was astonished that the macaque possessed such water-repelling divine abilities. Normally, simple water-avoidance spells could hardly withstand the crushing pressure of such a downfall—minor injuries would result in physical damage, while major ones could obliterate the soul. The Loong's resentment stemmed from the destruction of the palace he had painstakingly built.

Seeing Wukong escaping upstream, he, disregarding the lives of his aquatic brethren in his palace, pursued with his silver whip. Despite Wukong's speed, he could not outpace the Jiao Loong, born and bred in water. Soon overtaken, Wukong had to alternate between using his water-repelling ability and facing his enemy, struggling to manage both.

After a brief exchange of blows, Wukong suffered two hits, causing bone-deep pain, though not critically injured. Having never been at a disadvantage in direct combat since arriving in this world, he was both shocked and fearful. Prioritizing escape, he aimed for the water's surface to settle the score with the evil Jiao later.

The escape was arduous, but the Jiao Loong, in no hurry, kept lashing at Wukong. Fortunately, Wukong's robust physique, aided by the Protective Aura, allowed him to dodge most attacks, preventing serious injury.

Eventually, as the water started to clear, Wukong knew he was nearing the surface. With a final burst of strength, he leaped out of the water, vanishing from sight, only to reappear above the surface.

Wukong cursed loudly, "You vile Loong, if you're a man, come out and face your grandpa Sun!"

The Jiao Loong emerged leisurely, riding the waves with a mocking smile, "How did you find those whips? Hmph, I didn't want to take advantage of you, yet you dared to destroy my palace. How can I let this go? Even above water, do you think I fear you?"

Wukong responded, "Fine, fine, fine, whoever flees first is the grandson. How about it?"

The Loong agreed, "Then prepare to be the grandson!"

The two clashed again, weapons in hand. In terms of skill, they were evenly matched, but Wukong, fueled by rage, attacked fiercely. The Jiao Loong, underestimating his opponent, soon found himself at a disadvantage. Not long into the battle, Wukong landed a hit on the Loong's left foot.

With a long howl of pain, the Loong revealed his true form—a thirty-zhang-long body with the silver whip integrating into it like a Loong tendon, twisting and moving within. Wukong smirked, thinking even if the Loong was formidable, he couldn't be stronger than the Bull Demon King. Wukong also transformed, matching the Loong's thirty-zhang length, and the two engaged in a fierce battle atop the sea.

As Wukong's staff technique improved, the Loong struggled to gain the upper hand. The Loong coiled and spat out a stream of flame aimed at Wukong, who dodged, anticipating the attack. The Loong's tail flicked, revealing a smaller, faster clone that charged at Wukong. Wukong struck the clone with his staff, only to find it was an illusion. Distracted, Wukong plunged into the sea.