Chapter 28 Flowing Affections

Yu Monkey King stared with wide eyes and was speechless for a long time, reluctantly accepting the circular magical treasure. Although this treasure could collect various magical items, it was powerless against the true form of the Bull Demon King, and deploying it was useless.

The Bull Demon King said, "Do you still want to compete?"

Yu Monkey King knew that with his abilities, it was extremely difficult to harm the true form of the Bull Demon King, so he said gloomily, "You two are ganging up on one, what else is there to say? However, if I want to leave, the two of you can't stop me."

Seeing Yu Monkey King's tone soften, Wukong quickly stepped forward and said, "Brother, don't misunderstand. We were just passing by this place and saw the abnormal black clouds, so we came over to check. Your skills are admirable, and we were just itching for a challenge. It's not a matter of life and death, why leave?"

Yu Monkey King, seeing Wukong was not pretending, then coldly laughed, "Heh, your itch for a challenge has ruined my important task. I was refining a magical treasure under Proud Peaks, and once it was completed, neither of you would be my match. Now, with your interference, it's been ruined midway. What will you compensate me with?"

The Bull Demon King, having already retracted his true form, said, "Don't falsely accuse others. If you're not satisfied, let's fight again!"

Wukong stopped the Bull Demon King with a look and asked, "What's so special about your treasure that it must be refined under the peak?"

Yu Monkey King, with a look of proud solitude, said, "Have you not heard of the spiritual mountains and ridges, beneath which lie endless geothermal fires? Proud Peaks are so exquisite because of the strong geothermal fire underneath supporting it. I use this to refine treasures, a secret not passed outside my sect."

Wukong laughed, "Brother, don't misunderstand. There are thousands of magical methods, each with its own strengths. Even though your sect has its secret methods, I don't hold them in high regard." Seeing Yu Monkey King was not angry, he continued, "I find Proud Peaks quite ordinary, and I doubt the geothermal fire is anything special."

Yu Monkey King stared at Wukong and sighed, "Indeed, there is a fine mountain to the south, but it's full of demons and I dislike trouble, hence I settled for this peak."

Wukong thought to himself, aside from my Flower Fruit Mountain, what other fine mountains could there be to the south? He then had an idea and said, "If you trust me, I can help you refine the treasure at that fine mountain. How about that?"

Yu Monkey King sneered, "Even if I don't trust you, what could you do to me? But I observe the mountain's terrain, and without great magical powers, it's difficult to control. If you mess up, don't blame me."

Wukong laughed, "Of course, I won't blame you. But if we succeed, what will you give me in return?"

Yu Monkey King said, "If you can take this peak and protect me while I refine this magical treasure, I will honor you as a brother. How about that?"

Wukong laughed heartily, "It's a deal!"

The Bull Demon King turned away, snickering a few times. The clever monkey, initially saying he would compensate for the loss, now added conditions, showing his shrewdness.

Without delay, they set off. Three auspicious clouds were summoned, and each of them rode one, flying towards the south. Although Yu Monkey King agreed to follow Wukong, he was cautious and followed behind, keeping a distance.

The Bull Demon King transmitted a message in mid-air, "Today, we've encountered Fate, do you know?"

Wukong asked, "What Fate?"