Chapter 35 You Have Not Awakened

The Bull Demon King said, "Before the year's end, I ventured to the coastal regions of the Southern Continent and encountered a peculiar demon. Its movements were erratic, and its powers were strange. We fought for half a year, ending in a stalemate. Now that we have some free time, how about we pay it another visit?"

Sun Wukong replied, "That sounds great; I have nothing better to do anyway."

The Bull Demon King was overjoyed, "There's no time like the present, let's go!"

Without bidding farewell to the others in the mountains, they rode the clouds for thousands of miles as if strolling in their own courtyard, arriving at the Southern Continent.

The Bull Demon King carefully identified the location, stopping now and then, searching for the place they had encountered the demon. Wukong laughed and asked, "Brother, have you grown so old that your memory fails you? How can you not remember the way?"

The Bull Demon King explained, "Little did you know, that creature is adept at transformation, often moving mountains and seas, erasing its traces completely. Most of our time was spent searching for it."

Arriving at a chaotic stone peak, the Bull Demon King's eyes lit up, "This is the place!" With a loud shout, "Ei!" he stomped his feet, causing the thousand peaks to crumble to dust, leveling the ground in no time.

A figure leaped from the rubble, and upon seeing it, Wukong was shocked!

Wukong was shocked because the demon in front of him looked exactly like him, except for the clothes and the golden cudgel in his hand, there was no difference.

Seeing Wukong, the creature smirked and then vanished. A voice that seemed to come from ancient times whispered in Wukong's ear, "Follow me!" Then, a calling and guidance emerged from deep within his heart, compelling Wukong to follow.

The Bull Demon King, noticing Wukong's distraction, shouted, "Brother, calm your mind. This demon's enchantment is powerful!"

Wukong, feeling ashamed, realized that despite his high cultivation, his experience in battle and his spiritual stability were far less than the Bull Demon King's.

The mysterious voice then said, "You do not know who I am, but I know you are the Enlightened Monkey. Conceal this from the old bull. How can those of the same clan harm each other?"

Wukong was startled. Since it mentioned the Enlightened Monkey and claimed kinship, could it be one of the Seven Great Primordial Monkeys? Regardless of the truth, he had to find out. Ever since learning about the Seven Great Primordial Monkeys, he couldn't stop thinking about them. Now that he had the chance, how could he miss it?

Confident in his skills, Wukong believed he could escape even if he faced a strong enemy. The question was how to deceive the Bull Demon King.

Wukong then said to the Bull Demon King, "Thank you for the reminder. This place is vast; let's split up and search. If either of us finds the demon, we'll signal for help. What do you think?"

After pondering, the Bull Demon King agreed, "That sounds good, but be very careful."

Wukong reassured him, "Don't worry, brother. Even if I can't defeat the demon, it won't be able to capture me easily."

Nodding, the Bull Demon King leaped away to search for the demon.

The voice then guided, "Five hundred miles northwest, there's a valley with an illusionary formation. Follow these instructions to find me inside." After that, there was silence.

Following the instructions, Wukong found the valley, shrouded in mist and mystery. Inside, he navigated according to the demon's directions, and soon, the scenery opened up to reveal a breathtaking view of lush trees, a small bridge, and flowing water.