Chapter 11 The Transformation of Loong and Ape

The true form of Emperor Zhenwu is that of a Loong God, the ancestor of all Loongs in the world, historically known as the Ancestral Loong. He has a thorough understanding of the Loong lineage under heaven. With just a slight exertion of his magical power to probe, he recognized that this Jiao (a type of Loong) was no ordinary being but an extremely rare Sea-Overturning Jiao. If it were to grow to adulthood, it would surely become the king of the seas. This species can only reproduce near the North Sea's eye and has not been seen for ten thousand years. The fact that the Elder Lord (Laojun) presented this creature to him aroused his curiosity about the Elder Lord's intentions.

The Elder Lord said, "This creature was obtained by an old friend from the North Sea. Anticipating its unique usefulness to the Emperor, I dared not delay and hurriedly brought it here."

Emperor Zhenwu thought to himself, "Elder Lord, oh Elder Lord, I have always known you. You have never been so generous before. As the saying goes, to receive, one must first give. I am curious to see what you will ask for in return." While thinking this, he also stood up and bowed, saying,

"Without merit, I do not accept rewards. Elder Lord, you flatter me too much."

The Elder Lord laughed and said, "Brother Zhenwu, let's not dwell on trivial matters. My visit is actually for the sake of the Spiritually Intelligent Godly Ape."

Emperor Zhenwu laughed heartily, "If that's the case, I thank you, Elder Lord. The Spiritually Intelligent Godly Ape came into my possession by chance, and it is currently in the inner chamber. Please follow me."

Emperor Zhenwu thought to himself, "Even the Emperor Ziwei refrains from mentioning the Spiritually Intelligent Godly Ape, knowing well the unpredictable fortune and misfortune it could bring. Now, with Heaven in the east and the Buddhist realm in the west, countless Golden Immortals roam about. Even if the seven great divine apes were to reunite, shaking the world's order would be as futile as an ant shaking a tree. Thus, Emperor Zhenwu knew that although the Spiritually Intelligent Godly Ape seemed like a worldly treasure, it could also be considered a calamity. Holding onto this divine ape was indeed a dilemma for him.

The creature was highly taboo in the heavenly court, and keeping it was truly inappropriate. Since the Elder Lord was so straightforward, he must have already seen through his thoughts. And since he was very fond of the Sea-Overturning Jiao, he graciously agreed, considering it a favor sold to the Elder Lord. With his level of Taoist cultivation, he naturally had no worries of loss or gain. Having it is fate, losing it means it was never meant to be.

Upon entering the inner chamber and seeing the stone monkey unharmed but unconscious, the Elder Lord was unconcerned. His mastery over alchemy was unparalleled in all three realms. Even if the soul was lost, a single Nine-Turn Golden Pill could bring back the dead.

After leaving the Purple Cloud Palace, the Elder Lord soared up and quickly returned to the Bitter Hatred Heaven, reaching the Douluo Palace, located in the thirty-third heaven, in no time. The Douluo Palace, vast in land, surrounded by misty clouds, housed a towering vermilion building, the forbidden area of the Douluo Palace – the Zhu Ling Dan Platform.

Upon reaching the third floor of the Zhu Ling Dan Platform, a yellow-robed Daoist sitting on a meditation cushion greeted the Elder Lord with a laugh, "Brother Dao, your successful return burdens me."

The Elder Lord responded, "Let's not speak of burdens. This treasure is unique. If you don't want it, I might as well keep it as a doorkeeper."

"If you dare to make it a doorkeeper, I'll ensure the Douluo Palace won't find peace," the Daoist laughed.