Chapter 16

BRAD'S POV

I walked out of assembly and went to my Geography lesson. This is one of the funniest classes because the teacher can't control our class and everyone just takes the mick out of him. I sat in the middle row next to Lloyd. He was the popular guy of our year group. He was kind to everyone, even the chavs. He was respectful to the good teachers and mucking about in other classes.

He doesn't deserve to be in a coma...

Why is it that the good people get hurt?

Everything is so boring without my best friend. 

I spent my entire weekend sulking in front of my computer screen because I couldn't even play Fortnite with him. We are a practically unbeatable duo!

My mum doesn't even know I'm best friends with him. She told me not to go near him just because he's a son of a criminal and, for the record, Garmadon isn't a criminal anymore. 

"Don't you want to hang out with your friend?" She'd ask.

"He's busy..."

"Did you hear about that... Lloyd kid who's in a coma?"

"Yes, mum."

"At least he won't be a threat to anyone. If his father is a criminal, he's bound to become one too."

After school, I asked my mum if I could hang out with my 'friend' and she let me. She let's me go out all the time. I took the bus to the city to visit Lloyd in hospital. It was roughly a ten minute bus ride so it wasn't bad. I walked to the front desk and asked where he is.

"Room 139." 

 I took the stairs to that room and sure enough, Lloyd was lying in his hospital bed. I wonder when he'll wake up.

NYA'S POV

As much as I love the subject, I hate this teacher. He has such a monotone voice and he's just straight up annoying. Our previous DT teacher left to another school and this guy waltzed in and becomes the head of Technology.

This guy doesn't know what a textile is!!

Me, Jay and Paige were sat on the same table, hands on our chins, elbows on the table and frowns on our faces as we tried to his constant yapping. I mean, at least he didn't give us a late mark since we were held back by our arrogant headteacher, Mr Clouse.

Who names their child Clouse??

He is such an ARESHOLE!

How come he doesn't believe the evidence in front of his very eyes.

I hope he gets thrown in a fire until his skin peels off and then gets thrown into a pool of hand sanitizer and then thrown into a pool of water Aladdin-style just enough for him to pass out, wait for him to wake up before throwing him into a pit of wolves where he's torn apart from limb to limb before being buried alive...

...and then have his grave shat on by the seagulls that fly all around our school. Bear in mind that our school is nowhere near the sea.

That meeting after the assembly really boiled my blood.

Finally the lesson ended and me and Jay decided that we were gonna tell them about us. Kai and Skylor have a really open relationship so they don't even have to tell us. We waited for Kai, Sky, Cole and Zane to leave their lessons. Kai, Sky and Zane had Triple Science while Cole had Drama.

Cole was the first one to leave his class, followed by the others. We all sat on the bench and whipped out our snacks, chatted for a bit and me and Jay gave each other a subtle nod before standing up for the mini announcement.

"So... we wanted to tell you guys something..." I started.

"Go on," Kai said, biting into his apple.

"We're together!" Jay announced, holding my hand.

Kai choked on his apple.

"We know," Cole and Zane said in sync.

Right, they definitely saw us from the roof.

"Congrats, guys!" Sky said.

"Who would've knew? Definitely not me..." Pix said in a sarcastic tone.

"Are we that obvious?" Jay asked.

Pix nodded as Kai finally stopped choking on his apple with Sky's help. He stood up and towered over Jay. I never realised that he's taller than Jay...

"If you hurt her, I'll hurt you more," he threatened.

Jay laughed nervously, "You got it!"

"Okay then..." I said, pulling Jay away from Kai and sitting back down, "Uh... anyone else have any updates?" I asked, hoping to hear Cole and Zane just say it. Everyone hesitated for a moment before unfortunately saying no. Damn, them two are really good at hiding it.

Straight after school, we all decided to go to the park to hang out. Cole was really quiet. I guess he was worried about Lloyd. We were sat on the grass having a little conversation.

I checked my phone for any new notifications while I took a sip of my water. My eyes quickly widened and I spat out my drink. Jay immediately shuffled over to me and patted my back while I continued coughing. I calmed down and stood up, walking back and forth in panic.

"Woah, Nya what's up?" Kai asked. He grabbed his bag and held it in front of his chest. I punched the bag with a brief angry yell. Kai dropped his bag and put his hands on my shoulders, "What's going on?" 

"Harumi is being bailed out of jail!!" I yelled.

"WHAT?!" Everyone screamed.

"You're lying..." Kai said.

"See for yourself!" I showed Kai my phone with a news notification saying that her, Morro and Griffin while be out of jail by the end of the week.

"Fuck..." Skylor said. "We're screwed. She's gonna pull up so much shit against us now... She's gonna make our lives living hell, you just wait."

"Don't think like that," Paige reassured us. "She must've learned something, right?"

"She's the most stubborn person put on this earth."

"More stubborn than Nya?" Kai asked. I punched him in the arm. "Ow! That was uncalled for!"

"What are we gonna do?" Zane asked.

Cole stared blankly into space, tapping his finger nervously. "Until Lloyd wakes up, there's nothing we can do..."