Chapter 10

PAIGE'S POV

Okay, the party starts at 6:30pm but everyone is getting there at 7:00.

WHAT DO I WEAR TO A PARTY I'VE NEVER BEEN TO BEFORE??

I texted Nya for advice.

You
I don't know what to wear
I NEED ADVICE

I waited impatiently for a reply but there was no reply for quite a while... I guess I'm a bit excited since I've never been to a party like that before since I was home-schooled all my life. Surprisingly, my dad let me go. He said he was glad that I'm already having some "real teenager experiences". 

I'm glad too.

But I also just CAN'T WAIT to go to this party. It's only 2pm... I have to wait like four more hours! 

Ping!

Nya
ok
uhh
nothing too flashy but nothing too casual

You
wdym

Nya
do you want me to come over?
jay can pick us up from there

I ran downstairs to my dad who was doing something on his laptop. He checked his watch because he thought it was time to drop me off. He's really busy with his work most of the time and loses track of time easily.

"Can Nya come over to help me pick out an outfit for the party tonight?"

"Yeah, sure! I don't see why that would be a problem," he replied, adjusting his glasses.

"Thank you!" I ran over and gave him a hug before texting Nya back.

You
that would be great!

Nya
awesome!
is it okay if i bring my clothes to change at yours?

"Is it okay if she brings her clothes to change?"

"Yeah, yeah. Do what you need to do darling, no need to ask," he reassured me with a smile. I ran back to my room and flopped onto my bed, kicking my legs excitedly.

You
yes!!

Nya
sick ill bring some makeup too
what time should i come over?

You
uhhh
idk

Nya
ok ill be there in an hour

Before I knew it, Nya rang the doorbell. I ran downstairs, "I GOT IT!" and opened the door to see Nya in a tracksuit. I took Nya upstairs after briefly introducing her to my dad.

"Okay. What to wear, huh?" Nya asked. I nodded in response. "Hmm... Well, this is what I'm gonna wear." She opened her backpack and took out a pair of light blue ripped jeans and a sparkly dark red t-shirt. "I'm gonna wear some sparkly jewellery so that it's not too casual."

"THAT'S SO CUTE!" I exclaimed. "Those are definitely your colours."

"Thank you. Now. Let's see what you have to wear..." she said opening my wardrobe. "That's... a lot of clothes. Let's see if Harumi posted anything on her insta. Surely she already posted her outfit," Nya said as she opened her Instagram on her phone and sure enough, she already had a selfie with the caption 'fit check'. She was wearing a jade (what a surprise) green 'drawstring side ruched bodycon dress'. "Okay then..." Nya looked at me and then back at my wardrobe. "uhhhh..."

"Yeah... that's the problem."

"Okay, let's think. Ugh this is so difficult! Every colour suits you! Nevermind, maybe not brown. You don't wanna wear black because you're going to a party, not a funeral. Unless you have sparkly black... no, you don't." Nya continued swiping through my wardrobe, trying to look for something until she let out a really long gasp. She took out my dark purple off shoulder long sleeve top. "This is so pretty!!" She threw it on the bed and looked through my bottoms. "What to wear for the bottoms, what to wear for the bottoms..."