Chapter 15

PAIGE'S POV

I got ready a bit earlier today. I'm usually a morning person but today I woke up extra early because I just couldn't get much sleep because of what happened. It was terrifying the way Lloyd looked... it was like something out of a horror movie that I just can't unsee. 

Since I'm new to this school, or school in general, my dad hired this taxi driver who dropped me off to school. Today, he has to take my dad to work at Borg Industries. My dad goes there every few weeks and works at home the rest of the time. I popped my backpack on and pushed my dad's wheelchair outside where dad's taxi waited.

"Make sure that you look both ways when crossing the road!"

I sighed, "Yes, dad..."

"Oh! And please don't forget your keys..."

"I wont..."

"And, also, remember to turn off silent mode when leaving school."

"I will, don't worry, dad," I reassured him with a chuckle. Just as I was about to push the wheelchair into the taxi-van-thingy, I saw Cole and Zane on the other side of the road. "I don't think I have to walk alone today..."

"Oh?" Dad said, as he whipped his head to the other side of the road.

"Hey, guys!" I called out with a wave. My dad waved too. The boys turned to me and waved back. "Hold up!" I kissed my dad on the cheek and ran to the house to lock the door. "Bye dad!" I quickly glanced both ways before running across the road to the boys.

"Hey, Pix!" Cole greeted.

"Hello, Paige."

"You can call me Pix or Pixal if you want. It's my little nickname because I'm a bit of a computer nerd." 

Zane chuckled, "You and me both."

"I didn't know you walk to school..." Cole pointed out.

"Oh, right, today is one of those rare once-in-a-few-weeks-occasions where my dad goes to work at a company. I'm usually dropped off but the taxi driver is dropping dad off to work today."

"Does you're dad not have a driver's license?" Zane asked.

Cole raised his eyebrow and giggled, "Did you pay attention to anything that happened seconds ago?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it would've been useful for my dad's legs to work so that he could drive," I explained.

"Oh...? Oh. OH, WAIT! I'm so sorry!" We all started laughing as we headed to school. We had a conversation about Zane mainly. Since the party, Skylor, Kai and Zane joined our friend group so it's nice to know a bit more about them.

"You guys spend a lot of time with each other. How did you guys meet?"

They both seemed surprised by my question. Cole chuckled with a hint of embarrassment. "We met in the school toilets," Cole admitted. I giggled a little. 

"Yeah... that's... a story for another day," Zane said, smiling at Cole. I squinted my eyes briefly so they wouldn't notice. I feel like they're hiding something but I can't seem wrap my head around it...

COLE'S POV

Mine and Zane's knuckles were brushing against each other the entire way, trying to resist the temptation of holding hands. We didn't tell anybody about us yet. We got to the school grounds. The deputy headteacher stood outside telling everyone to be quiet as we walked in. The news van and reporter, Gayle Gossip was having an interview with our headteacher.