Chapter 11

COLE'S POV

Zane and his dad picked me up to drop us off at Harumi's house for the party. Zane was wearing a white turtleneck jumper with black cargo trousers. He's so fit...

Anyway I got out of the car to see Pix, Nya and Jay getting a picture taken. Pix called me over and my eyes widened in surprise. I didn't expect them to be there yet... I don't want them to know that I was talking to Zane.

At the same time... does it really matter?

"I'll see you inside, Zane. My friends are calling me over."

"I think Kai should be here. See ya!" Zane went inside while I ran over to the others for the picture, Jay's arm around Nya's shoulder. Are they... a thing now?

"So THAT'S who you talked to about the situation..." Nya said. It was clear that she was trying to hide her frustration under her well-acted-out joking manner.

I nodded in defeat. "Let's get the party started, shall we?" We came inside and were welcomed by blasting music and a scent with a mixture of vapes and alcohol. We instantly found an empty corner where we started dancing about. I was surprised that I wasn't getting any anxiety attacks when looking at Harumi or anything. No-one seemed to pay attention to me which I was super happy about.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," I said.

"Okay!" Nya said, still dancing with Jay and Pixal.

I went to the kitchen and poured myself some random alcohol. There was a sharpie next to the cups which everyone used to write their names on. I wrote my name on the cup and went back to the others. I heard someone call my name.

"Cole!" Zane was calling my name from the other side of the really big living room. I looked at the others who encouraged me to go to him. He was with the group with Kai, Harumi and Skylor and random other people. "We're playing some dumb game of truth or dare. Wanna join?" Zane asked. I sat down next to him on the circle they all made on the floor.

"Hey, new girl!" Harumi called. "Was it Paige? Paige!" Pixal whipped her head in our direction and came over. "Wanna play truth or dare with us?"

"Uhh..." I gave an encouraging nod with a look which read, 'help me don't leave me alone'. "Sure!" She sat down between Skylor and Akita.

"Okay, I'll start," Harumi said. "Paige, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Why did you choose to move to such a shitty school like our one?"

"Well, I used to be home-schooled and it was the only school with available space."

"Okay, interesting. Ask anyone else a truth or dare question."

"Oh, okay... Uhhh..." She was still iffy with names. "Zane, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Uhhh..." Akita whispered in Pix's ear to give her an idea of what to say. "Did you ever have a crush on anybody...?" Pix ask, hesitantly.

"Yes..."

The game continued and was actually quite fun. No-one did any horrible dares so it was bearable. I was glad I got to play with Zane.

JAY'S POV

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask her. It's the perfect opportunity. Me and Nya got a drink before going to the garden which was decorated in fairy lights. We sat on one of the benches.

Nya's face scrunched in disgust as she took a sip of her drink. "Eugh, what is this?"

I shrugged and sniffed her drink, "I think you accidentally poured yourself a bunch of vodka..."