Chapter 5

KAI'S POV

For the past few days Zane was disappearing at lunch times. I was hanging out with Griffin and Morro on the astroturf playing some football. Some other kids joined like Nelson, Antonia, Lloyd and Brad while Skylor, Harumi and Tox watched and giggled. Really early into lunch, Morro and Griffin went to the toilet or something so I was playing with the others. Anyway, Zane hangs out with us at break time but he just goes to the library at lunch from what he said.

Who goes to the library? Realistically? 

Nevermind, Zane was always a bit of a bookworm. 

JAY'S POV

What is UP with this kid? Cole is sooo much more distant. He says he just goes to the library at lunch times but when me and Nya came at lunch today to see what was so interesting about it, there was only a handful of people, none of which were Cole.

"He probably just went to the toilet or something," Pix said.

"Maybe..." Nya said. I sighed and sat down at one of the tables in the library with the girls, waiting for Cole to come back.

ZANE'S POV

I was waiting in the bathroom stall for Kirby to arrive. With every conversation I felt like we bonded more each time. I checked my phone for the time. It was five minutes into lunch... Maybe he's coming out of lessons late? I was startled by the door opening followed by multiple loud footsteps and shoving and struggling.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I heard someone yell. "Leave me the fuck alone!" I heard multiple bags drop on the floor. Then I heard something slam against a wall followed by a groan.

"How do you like that, crack addict??"

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no.

That's Morro's voice. He's obviously talking to Cole. Only he was ever caught with drugs on him.

Morro is one of the people who hangs out with Skylor. He is a massive bully.

"What the fuck did I ever do to you?!" 

"Tried to put the blame on Harumi." Wait, Griffin?? Right, he's in Harumi's friend group too. Sure he hangs out with Kai but only occasionally because he's on the football team.

What do I do??

COLE'S POV

I was about to walk into the toilets to meet Brent when I felt someone grab my shoulder, turn me around and push me through the doors and onto the toilet floor.

I see Morro and Griffin's faces. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled, "Leave me the fuck alone!" I stood up, taking my bag off in the process. They dropped theirs too, grabbed my blazer collar and pinned me against the wall.  

"How do you like that, crack addict?" Morro spat. Those words pierce through me every time I hear them. 

"What the fuck did I ever do to you?!"

"Tried to put the blame on Harumi," Griffin said, smirking.

"It fucking was her!!" I managed to push them away from me. "Assholes..." I hissed.

"Wanna repeat that, freak?" Morro asked, throwing a punch to the left side of my face. 

"I called you assholes!" I shouted, kicking him in the stomach. I didn't have enough time to react to Griffin who threw another punch right at my nose, causing it to bleed. "Argh!" I exclaimed as I felt my nose. Morro kicked me in the stomach, flinging me to the wall. I couldn't breathe from the impact, making me collapse on the floor. Griffin grabbed the collar of my shirt and pinned me against the wall as I coughed, still trying to catch my breath.