Chapter 12

LLOYD'S POV

I was mucking about with Brad and throwing paper airplanes about the place.

"Haha! Bullseye!" We laughed from the top of the stairs after Brad hit someone with his paper airplane. I'm surprised he was still on his feet after losing beer pong with some guy. I only had one cup of beer. I don't get why people like this shit. It's fucking gross. And the stench grew stronger the more drinking and vaping, smoking and vomiting occurred... 

Luckily, no-one actually puked in the middle of the living room or something. It came from the toilets, mainly. All three. Yes, Harumi has three whole arse bathrooms. I get two but three?

I went to the kitchen for another cup of juice instead of that fucking disgusting beer. Never drinking that again. To be fair, I was doing a competition with an already wasted year 10 guy and he failed to keep balance on one foot after one sip...

Why is everyone vaping everywhere? How come the smoke detectors didn't go off yet? I decided to go outside for fresh air. I went to the garden where Nya and Jay were kissing on the bench while a handful of people were minding their own business drinking and stuff. Nya and Jay stopped kissing and went back inside. I sat on the bench which faced the house and enjoyed the fresh air while I finished off my juice.

I prefer sitting alone sometimes. It's more peaceful. Back at home, my parents constantly argue over everything and it pisses me off. That's why I spend a lot of time outside of the house with Brad or something and ride our bikes or whatever.

"Hey, Lloyd! You coming?" Brad called from inside the house. I followed him in and we went to the kitchen where Nelson, Antonia, Paige, Nya and Jay were minding their own business. I overheard their conversation while Brad was pouring himself another drink.

"I haven't seen Kai for a while..." Nya said.

Oh, I was there, alright. I thought it was gonna be less relationship-y. But I did get a dare to pour beer over some random dude so that's a highlight of the night. Anyway, Skylor got a dare to kiss the hottest guy in the circle and she started making out with Kai and that's where the game ended. They went upstairs to continue in private...

"I think he's with Skylor," Paige said. "The last I saw them was during truth or dare when they started kissing..."

"Ew, okay, nevermind, I don't want to know..." 

I stood by the doorframe with Brad as he started his drink.

"What time is it?" He asked. I checked my phone, "Ten to eleven."

"Huh?!" He yelled over the music.

"Ten-fifty!" I shouted back.

"Ah shit. I have to go home. I think my mum is picking me up soon." He checked his phone, "Yep, she's here. See ya!" 

"Bye, Brad." I sighed and looked at my phone. I unlocked it and went on snapchat. Everyone was posting on their stories. I looked towards the living room where Cole and Zane where. They were talking and Cole picked up his plastic cup which was there for most of the night. He stirred the liquid inside it and was about to drink it.

Why am I so worried about the cup?

"Oh shit! Cole, don't!!" I yelled as I ran over to him. Just as the cup was about to touch his lips, I grabbed the cup and drank the whole thing.

"Ah shit..." I said as I noticed what I did.

"What's wrong with you, mate?!" Cole shouted over the music.

Shakily, with the last of vision I had left, I quickly took out my phone and opened the picture on my photos app. I quickly sent it to Cole before I felt a sharp pain in my chest, my legs went numb and my vision completely blacked out.