Chapter 13

SKYLOR'S POV

"This boy had an intake of a fatal mixture between drugs and alcohol, he's having a drug-induced seizure. Take him to the hospital. Now."

"What about-" Zane started.

"You kids stay here, the police are on their way. Is this your house?" We all shook our heads. "Well, stay here anyway, the police will come and interrogate you further."

The paramedics drove off in their ambulance, blasting a siren as they sped down the road. 

"What the actual fuck just happened?" Kai asked.

"A twat named Harumi spiked Cole's drink..." I replied. "And Lloyd drank it."

Cole's breathing quickened as he sat down on the front steps of the house. I never liked him much - not because of the drugs, but because I was told that he threatened Rumi, who was like a younger sister to me - but what she did was not okay.

Zane sat next to Cole and put a comforting arm around his shoulder, rubbing it gently. Jay sat on the other side of Cole and reassured him, "Everything is gonna be fine..."

"You saw what happened... He- he did not look okay... Maybe if I just got another drink, this wouldn't have happened..." Cole choked out between panicky breaths.

"Cole," I called as I came over, "I know Lloyd. He's strong and what he did was really fucking brave. It's like an instinct to him. He'll be alright,"  I said with a reassuring smile. Soon enough, the police pulled up. The officers stepped out of the car and came over to us.

"Ah, throwing a party, are we?" The one with brown hair said.

We shook our heads, "We didn't organise it..."

"Who did?"

"Harumi Jade. She ran off with the other shitheads," Nya said.

The blonde officer had a small notebook in which he wrote down the information we gave. They downloaded the picture from Cole's phone as evidence. We all confirmed that she said that Cole was supposed to take the drugs.

"Go home, kids." With that, they drove off.

"Uh... Sky, would you like me to walk you home?" Kai asked.

"It would be pointless since I live across the street but if you want to..."

Kai laughed nervously. "Okay... I'm still gonna walk you there." We started slowly crossing the road. "Uh... What we did today... does that make us a... a thing?" Before you think of anything ridiculous, we just kissed.

"I don't know, is it?" I asked, smirking at him.

"Would you like it to be? To be fair I didn't expect you to be this kind... I know it sounds rude. Under that whole popular rich girl stuff, you're a really nice person a-and I wanna get to know you more...? It's fine if you don't want to I just thought-"

I interrupted him with a kiss on the lips. "I'd love to." I headed inside, "Call me, hotshot!" I waved as I came inside.

COLE'S POV

I couldn't go to sleep. I felt so guilty although it wasn't even my fault. I just stared most of the night at the picture of them spiking my drink. I wonder if Lloyd is okay. Would this have come out differently if I just poured myself another drink? Probably. He might've had the same reaction and drink out of my cup but he wouldn't have had a seizure.

I sighed and put the phone down as tears started filling up my eyes. I felt horrible. I saw the whole thing...

He's only thirteen...