International Arc : Chapter 109 - Scent of Lavender

[JSS Hakugei - Hospital]

(For the first time in a long time Gero was able to sleep through the night without waking up in a cold sweat because of a nightmare. When he woke up he realized that his bed was again moved to the floor and the girls were sleeping next to him.)

"Good morning Gero-kun!" Darjeeling greeted

"Good morning! Did I wake everybody up again?"

"Hmm? Oh no, don't worry, you slept like a log last night!"

"Really? Then why is my bed down here again?"

"Because we got used to sleeping next to you so we decided to do it again."

"I see, that's a relief, I thought I had nightmares and caused you girls trouble again."

"You'd cause us no trouble even if you still did have nightmares. Would you like some tea? It's freshly brewed!"

"Yes please."

[Semisphere - Sahara Desert, Africa]

(More than a week has passed and the elimination rounds have finally ended. Gero spent all that time in the hospital recovering and being nursed by the girls. They were now back at the Semisphere to see which teams will be going to the quarter-finals)

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE LONG WAIT IS NOW OVER! AFTER TWO WEEKS OF INTENSE TANK BATTLES WE FINALLY HAVE OUR FINAL EIGHT TEAMS GOING TO THE QUARTER-FINALS! PLEASE GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO THE FOLLOWING TEAMS!" shouted the announcer

[Quarter-Finals Participants]

> Japan

> Britain

> Italy

> Germany

> France

> Romania

> South Korea

> America

(The entire stadium erupted into cheers and applause for the victors in the elimination rounds)

"Romania beat Australia huh? Good for them!"

"I wanted to fight Russia! Why did they have to lose!" Katyusha complained

"They were up against the Terrific Twins so it can't be helped." Nonna said

"WE WILL NOW START DRAWING LOTS TO SEE WHICH TEAM WILL FIGHT WHO IN THE QUARTER-FINALS! I WOULD LIKE TO CALL ON THE OVERALL COMMANDERS OF EACH TEAM TO THE STAGE!"

(Kaede then went to the stage along with the commanders of the other teams. In front of them was a brown box filled with the names of the countries participating. Since Japan Team was the first team to win the elimination rounds they will be the first to draw lots. Kaede went up to the box and grabbed a piece of paper and gave it to the announcer)

"THE TEAM THAT JAPAN WILL FACE IN THE QUARTER-FINALS IS.....FRANCE!" shouted the announcer

"Oh! We're up against the French this time!"

"I'm getting excited!" Ken said

"WE WILL NOW FLIP A COIN TO DETERMINE WHO WILL BE THE AWAY TEAM AND WHO WILL BE HOME TEAM! I WOULD LIKE TO CALL ON THE OVERALL COMMANDER OF FRANCE TO JOIN US!"

(Commander Amandine then stepped forward and join Kaede and the announcer at the middle)

"Ms. Kaede, please pick which side of the coin you want. If you get it right then you get to choose first but if you get it wrong then Ms. Amandine will be the choosing first. Is that acceptable?"