Chapter 41

Charles left my appartment shortly after, asking me to come to his for dinner this evening. I, of course, said yes, then wished him goodbye. As he shut my hotel door behind him, I sighed wistfully; I had rejected his advances to have sex as I wasn't ready to just let him back in to such a vulnerable part of me again - like I said, he had to work for it - but now I was left aching for all of him.

I decided to release my frustration in the hotel gym, which was small but had a neck training station as I suppose drivers stay here frequently. I was spotted and approached by a few fans during the training which left me with mixed feelings: I loved the support from my fans, but in the middle of training I found it distracting and offputting knowing I was being filmed - especially knowing how unflattering it would be. Selfies of me all red and sweaty left me a bit embarrassed and even more so when multiple fans asked which room of the hotel I was staying at. I had told them all I wasn't staying here for my own safety and privacy, but one had replied saying you could only access this gym if you were a resident here. To that, I had said they had made an exception for me as I wanted to use their neck equipment, despite wanting to instead scream at him to leave me alone. In the end, I left early and called Rue, who was staying with Max somewhere, asking if she wanted to go to lunch.

We went out to a small, discreet cafe and caught up. Rue and Max were doing really well and I was so happy for them.

"So, enough about me, what's going on with you and Charles now?" Rue asked, looking at me sympathetically.

"Oh, it's ok now, we're back together I think!" I chirped.

"Sorry what?!" Rue chocked on her tea. "Edom, actually wtf because how can you excuse what that man said?"

"It was all a misunderstanding. Long story but Charles came to explain this morning and Lando was over and he thought we were sleeping together" Rue raised her eyebrows "We're not" I quickly added "So he stormed off and I ran down to the lobby in my pyjamas to catch him to explain and then we had a long talk and he explained to me he was trying to get Carlos off our scent, but if I stayed for longer I would've heard him confess his true feelings." I rambled, trying to get quickly through the story.

"Woah" Rue laughed. "Still though, what he said was pretty awful."

"Don't you worry." I giggled. "I told him he's seriously gonna have to work to make up for it, but he's invited me out for dinner tonight." Rue squealed with excitement for me.

"Call me after and debrief me please." She demanded with a smile.

"Do you even have to ask!" I laughed, but on thinking about it, my new career in F1 had slightly distanced us as I was busier than ever and constantly travelling. We finished lunch with a slice of the most gorgeous lemon tart, then I walked Rue back to her place.

Max opened the door, and a smile sprung onto his face when he saw Rue.

"Hey pretty." He smiled at her. "Hey Edom!"

"Hi Max!" I smiled back "How are you finding Monaco?"

"Well Lando has a place here so I'm here quite often. It's super lush" He mimicked Rue's voice for the last bit, causing me to chuckle.

"Talking of!" A voice behind him laughed and Lando popped his head over Max's shoulder. "Hey girls."

"Lando!" Rue and I both cried in unison.

"Hope you enjoyed lunch, but how was your breakfast Edom" He said meaningfully.

"It was good thank you. It was very..." I tried to think of a word. "Clarifying?" I attempted.

"How cryptic." Max raised an eyebrow.

"She had breakfast with Charles." Rue said and I elbowed her. "Sorry! He saw our texts once and I don't want him to feel left out."

"It's ok, your secrets safe with me." Max promised and he took Rue inside, leaving Lando and me alone.

"What happened?" Lando asked and I explained what was necessary. "Hmmm, Ok, well thats good then! Want me to come round tonight for more family guy?"

"Sorry Lan, but Charles has invited me to dinner at his tonight. Family Guy does sound tempting though." I smiled at his thoughtful offer.

"Ooooo, don't spare me any details after." He chuckled.

"See you tomorrow at practice." I rolled my eyes, waving as I turned around.

"Bye Edommmm." Lando drew out my name like a child.

By the time I got back to my hotel, it was pretty late, so I did a few bits for work, then got ready for dinner. It took me multiple changes to decide what to wear, but eventually I went with a purple dress and boots, and styling with a mini bag and sunglasses. I did my makeup slowly, consciously making a proper effort to try look good. I did a spin in the mirror, ready to leave then decided I hated how my hair looked; my curls were not curling and looked dull and limp. I grabbed some straighteners, attempting to straighten them in a rush, but it ended up just slightly wavy. Due to the lack of time I had, I decided it would have to do, so left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Just a short chapter today as per usz I'm so busy ugh

Just a short chapter today as per usz I'm so busy ugh.
Where is everyone from? I'm from England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 rahhhhh
Hope you enjoyed this chapter (even though it's pretty short hahah)  xoxoxox