Chapter 11

The Australian race went amazingly for me. Although I had qualified in 11th, I managed to get my first points in F1 by claiming 7th place (Lando came sixth) and Charles spun out and DNFed by the second corner.

Tonight, there was a party at a club. I wasn't sure about going after the last party, but Lando said it was going to be way better and hopefully we would get to DJ. On the condition Rue went with me and Max went with Lando, i agreed to go. Max hadn't come to the race today but Lando promised me he was coming to this event. I hadn't told Rue.

I chose to wear a Bulgari dress I had decided to splash out on when Rue and I had gone shopping earlier this week and paired it with a Bulgari necklace.

I hoped that soon, like Hamilton did, I would have brands reaching out to me, asking me to wear their clothes

I hoped that soon, like Hamilton did, I would have brands reaching out to me, asking me to wear their clothes. But for now I still had to buy my own stuff.

We reached the venue and it was like a spacious club. A raised floor at the other end of the place held a big DJ desk and I knew Lando would be up there for the majority of the night.

Rue went off to get a drink. After being spiked, I wasn't ready to start drinking again so was going alcohol free tonight.

"You look gorgeous" someone said behind me. I turned to see Max Verstappen standing with Lando. They must've arrived together.

"Yeah I love the Leopard print Edom" Lando kindly said to me. We all stood chatting for a while but I could see Lando constantly eyeing the DJ desk.

"Go and join them DJ Lando" I said when a pause in the conversation came up. "I can see how badly you want to be there,"

"Thanks Edom!" He gushed and ran off.

"God he's like a child," Max chuckled.

"Yeah, you wouldn't think I'm younger than him" I was only a year younger than him but emotionally I was much more mature. "Congrats on the win again today" I realised I hadn't seen Max since the end of the race.

"Thanks Edom! It was pretty intense on that restart at the end!" There had been a red flag on the second last lap so the restart had been a free for all.

"Yeah" I chuckled at the memory "I thought I was going to get taken out at least 3 times" we both laughed together when someone barged into me as they walked past. It was of course Charles. No one else was impolite enough to do such a thing without apologising.

"Hey!" I shouted at him. He looked back and we made eye contact, but he carried on walking and I noticed a girl was leading him by his hand through the crowd. They carried on until they reached the stairs that signed posted the toilets and I watched as they hurried down them.

Ew. Gross I thought. But another part of me felt jealous. Like really jealous. Part of me wished I was the girl leading Charles downstairs. I tried to push that thought out of my head but I couldn't help but wonder what those two were doing right now. It frustrated me.