Chapter 7

I woke up in a bed that wasn't mine. In a panic I threw the covers off and was glad to see I was still wearing my pink dress. I surveyed the room I was in and realised although it definitely wasn't my room, I was in the same hotel. Slightly crumpled sheets and pillows suggested I hadn't been the only one sleeping in this bed.

I jumped out of bed, ready to get answers but was knocked back onto the bed when a massive headache hit me. Aaaahh, if it wasn't the consequences of my actions. I always regretted drinking to much the next day but would drink loads the next time I was out.

After a second, I stood back up and cautiously opened the bedroom door. Sat on a sofa watching TV was someone I did not expect to see - Max Verstappen.

"Morning" he grinned at me "How are you feeling?"

"Shit" I grumbled "How did I get here? What happened last night?"

"I brought you back here" he replied.

Thanks Max, hadn't figured that one out I thought. Luckily he continued

"Yesterday you were drugged Edom" he said, sympathy in his eyes and voice.

"What?!" I was shocked

"That guy that harassed you put something in one of your drinks, if it wasn't for Charles... god I don't even want to think what could've happened."

"What do you mean 'if it wasn't for Charles'" I was seriously confused

"You don't remember?! That drug must've been strong," max looked concerned. "Just as that guy tried to kiss you, Charles punched him. In the face. Hard enough he fell into the pool." Each sentence left me stunned. Max let what he said sync in before continuing "Lots of people saw and the party got out of control as people started running away, jumping into the pool or using it as an excuse to punch other people. I pulled you away before anything could happen to you though"

"Is Charles ok" was all I managed to get out.

"I think so" Max replied "because I took you away I didn't really see what happened to him but Charles can fend for himself. I think he got the guy kicked out the party and banned from any Formula 1 related events. That's what I heard anyway"

It took a minute to process before I realised what I needed to do

"Where's Charles staying" I asked Max "I need to thank him"

"I mean he's staying in this hotel but I don't think that's a good idea Edom"

"Why not. I owe him a thank you at the very least. He saved me from something awful Max."

"You're right I guess" Max seemed reluctant to give his room number away but luckily he told me.

"Thanks Max" I said as I got my shoes on. "Thanks for bringing me back here. We didn't do anything like... you know... right?"

"No of course not Edom. You were passed out. I literally carried you up here"

"Wow. Thanks max. So much. Us girls need more Yous out here" Max smiled at that and I left.

I quickly got to Charles room as it was just on the floor below. I knocked on the door and waited. Nobody answered. I knocked again and waited a minute. Once again no answer. I was scared Max had given me the wrong room number but as I went to knock a final time, the door opened.

Charles stood in the doorway, shirtless with a pair of grey sweatpants. "Edom?" His eyes widened "What are you doing here?"

"I came to say thank you. For last night. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't intervene" I stuttered, his state somehow making me slightly flustered.

"The prick deserved it" he mumbled.

"Well yeah... thanks" I trailed off. We stood staring at each other through the doorway saying nothing.

"Still in your party dress I see" Charles eventually broke the silence. "What guy did you go back with then?"

Well, nice moment over. I was back to hating him.

"Jesus. Is that what you think of me?!" I cried "Not that it's any of your business but I didn't go home with anyone". Charles eyes widened slightly and before he could say anything I slammed the door shut.

I stood breathing heavily, staring at the door I just shut. What was going on with Charles? I get he was at Ferrari but the guy clearly needed some help.

I made the walk of shame back to my room, doing my best not to cry as I thought about last night and Charles comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~####################################
Just a short chapter today but I'm
Going to be busy for the next few days but I'll get more chapters out as soon as possible!

Thanks for reading so far xxx