Chapter 29

The debrief ended up taking much longer than expected as the team had collected some valuable data that they needed to discuss with me and Lando and so Lando ended up driving me back to the hotel. We were both exhausted, so instead of our normal constant chatter we put on music. Lando loved Stormzy so he was playing his music, but I managed to sneak some Taylor Swift onto the queue. 

"Another Taylor Swift?" Lando laughed as Our Song came on. "Again?!" 

"I think you'll like this one!" I exclaimed. Lando bopped his head to the tune as I hummed along, too tired to sing, as we pulled into the hotel entrance. A valet came round and took the car off our hands and we trudged into the hotel. As Lando went to the lift, I went to the stairs. 

"What are you doing Edom?" He asked.

"Taking the stairs." I replied simply. 

"How do you have the energy?!" 

"I don't, but I hate lifts." I explained. 

"Why?" 

"Long story, but I was stuck in one recently and I don't feel like going through it again."

"Fair enough," Lando chuckled as the elevator doors opened. 

I trudged up the stairs, unlocked my door and flopped straight onto my bed. I needed to get a few errands done but I just felt so tired. My eyes started to get heavy and I closed them. I suddenly remembered Charles' demand but by then I was half asleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANG BANG BANG

I jolted awake to the sound of someone pounding on the door. I was sprawled out over my bed, still ontop of the covers with drool running down my chin. I quickly wiped it off and groggily made my way over to the door and peered through the little peep hole. 

Lando was dressed in smart casual and basically vibrating outside the door with what seemed excitement. I opened the door

"Hey Lando. You ok?" 

"Jesus Edom, am I ok? Are you ok? Look at yourself; you look like you've been dragged through a bush." 

"Huh?" I let Lando in and wondered into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Lando wasn't wrong. My mascara was smudged and my hair frizzy and sticking out everywhere. I groaned loudly. 

"What happened to you?" Lando laughed, standing behind me in the mirror. 

"I fell asleep. God. If anything I feel even more tired." I moaned. 

"So you haven't been checking your phone?"

"No..."

"There's a party tonight. Well there was always going to be the post-race party but my favourite DJ is going to be there!" Lando gushed. "Most of the grid are going to be there aswell as a load of the team to celebrate todays race! Zac sent a message about it earlier but I guess you were asleep."

"What time does it start?" 

"7:30."

"What time is it?"

"7:00."

"Shit!" I yelled suddenly rushing. Luckily I had packed a dress just incase of an emergency and I thanked past me. I grabbed the dress out my suitcase, went to pull my top off to get changed then realised I needed to wash my face so rushed back into the bathroom where Lando was grooming his face and hair. I barged him out of the way and scrubbed my makeup off under the tap.