Chapter 17

"Edom" Charles breathed like he was relishing my name and shivers went down my spine. It was one of the first times I'd heard him call me by my first name.

"Woah Charles, that was harsh." I was so shocked at what just happened.

"She just called you a slag." He yelled. "I won't have that."

"What are the media going to say considering you just hard launched a relationship with her."

"Why do you always think about the media Hakimi?" Charles returned to speaking softly. "I'll just tell the press I brought her as a friend or something,"

"I don't know," I shrugged "I guess I'm constantly scrutinised by the media and as a woman in this industry I hold a lot of responsibility in my reputation."

"You're so strong Edom. I don't know any other woman who could do what you as well as you," I couldn't help compare his reaction to the one Max had when I brought this topic up. Charles' one was much better.

"Thanks Charles." I was shocked "Ok, now where's the insult,"  He walked up to me, and I backed away until my back was pressed against the wall and he was less than half a metre away from me.

Charles' POV

I walked up to her, backing her into the wall.

"I can't insult you," I said staring into her eyes. She was flawless, I had nothing to insult her on.

"Okay." Was all she said. I could see the shock and confusion in her eyes. I suppose I did act callously towards her, but that was to try and cover up my true feelings. She was a distraction to me on and off track; I had only spun out in the Australian Grand Prix because I was watching her car, making sure she was safe to the point I didn't focus on myself and hit the back of the car in front of me. In the cafe today, I had coughed on her to make her notice me and then to further try make her jealous but it didn't seem to work.

I had only brought Alexa here to distract me from Edom, whilst also trying to make her jealous - I had seen Edom like the post of us on Instagram despite her denying it.

"Forgive me for ruining your qualifying," I said. "Please," I added after a thought.

"You really fucked me up, Leclerc" Edom replied.

Oh I wish I could

"I'll have words with my engineer, don't you worry."

More like screams than words. I was even considering firing him.

"Okay," Edom responded slowly "I forgive you but any funny business tomorrow and I swear to God,"

"I can try, but I can't promise," I quoted her from ages ago. She chuckled.

"Okay, ummm." Edom looked down. "I should probably get back to my garage as I'm sure they need me right now for meetings,"

"Yeah, same."

Edom started walking out but as she reached the door I spoke out.

"You belong in Ferrari you know," She turned around.

"Huh?"

"Well your name means red, right?" I said, already regretting saying something. "In Hebrew."

"Yeah," she looked surprised. "No one's ever known that before." She then left before I could say more.

Why did I have to say that? I cursed myself for saying it. She probably now thought that I had googled her. I had, but that wasn't the point.

I sat down on my sofa and replayed the events that had just carried out.

Edom's POV

My head was spinning. What Charles had said about my name was making me question everything. It sounds silly, but no one other than my parents knew what my name meant and no one had ever bothered to find out. What Charles had just said to me was one of the most attractive things a guy had ever said to me.

On top of that, he had defended me against his girlfriend! He had defended me (someone he hates) over his girlfriend. Well his Ex-girlfriend now.

He had even asked me to forgive him. In any normal situation I wouldn't have, but after what had just happened I would've forgiven him if he'd crashed into me and destroyed the car.

I got back to the McLaren garage, and was relieved to see Max had left.

"Edom!" Someone shouted "There you are," It was Chris. "Everyone is looking for you. There's currently a team meeting. It only started a minute ago so you're not too late but get your butt in there"

I obeyed and rushed into the room. Everyone turned and looked at me. Lando was the only one who smiled at me.

"So sorry everyone," I explained "I just had to sort something out." I realised my indecency and quickly put my race suit back on and zipped it up as I sat down.

The meeting lasted a good 30 minutes but I couldn't tell you a single thing spoken about as my brain was elsewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed!

I'm thinking of making a playlist for the chapter that I'll put at the start of the story, what do you guys think? It would include songs mentioned in the story aswell as songs I think match the story line/ vibe :).

Thanks for reading! Xxxx