Chapter 2

It was my first time in a private jet and it was just as cool as I thought it would be

It was my first time in a private jet and it was just as cool as I thought it would be. Of course I had brought along Rue and had also secured her with paddock passes so she would have the best seats.

By the time we landed we had shared a bottle of champagne between the two of us, so were a little tipsy. We giggled as we stumbled off the plane, before collecting our luggage (we had packed for what could be a 2 month trip...).

When we finally reached our hotel, it was quite late and I was ready to call it a day.

"No no no" Rue yelled as I flopped onto my bed. "This is your first night here, no way am I letting you have an early night... we're going out".

"Only if you buy me the first round" I mumbled

"Says the one with a six-figure deal from Mclaren" She laughed "But sure". I texted Lando asking if he was going out tonight, to which he immediately replied telling us he was and was just about to invite me when I texted him. He sent us the location and said to be there in an hour.

I had a quick shower to refresh myself after the flight and put on a blue tight dress that flattered my body and curves. I put on some makeup then waited for Rue, who always took longer than me to get ready. By the time she was done we were already late, so we rushed to the club where we were immediately let in by the bouncer.

The club was dark, lit by neon lights and the flashing lights synced with the pounding music. We made our way to the bar, where as promised Rue bought us some shots. I downed them then went to look for Lando, leaving Rue at the bar where she was flirting shamelessly with the bartender. Luckily, I spotted Lando fairly quickly at a table filled with a bunch of other guys who I think I recognised as other drivers. I approached the table and found myself making eye contact with a green eyed man. He looked me up and down before maintaining eye contact with me and I felt myself blushing.

"Ahhhhh Edom, there you are!" Lando yelled over the music, causing me to break eye contact with the guy to look at him. "Guys this is Edom, she's my team mate this year". I smiled at the table as they introduced themselves.

"Hi, I'm George, it's a pleasure to meet you"

"Pierre, nice to finally meet you"

"Daniel, but call me Danny"

"Hey, I'm Alex, Lando was just telling us about you"

I chuckled at that and said "I hope nothing bad"

"It wasn't great" The final guy said with a straight face. He was the one I had made eye contact with. I chuckled nervously as I had no idea how to react to that.

"Ignore Charles" said Lando with an eye roll "He's normally a very pleasant person". Charles shifted slightly in his seat but said nothing.

"Sit" George gestured a chair next to him, which I quickly sat at.

"So Edom," Pierre grinned "Excited to be in F1 this year"

"Omg super excited" I grinned and just as i finished speaking, Charles suddenly stood up.

"I'm going to the toilet" he said moodily, then walked off. The table was left in a stunned silence before Lando finally said

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's come over him. He was acting completely normal before you arrived". Although I know he said it to assure me, it made me feel even more awkward.

"It's ok" I tried to brush it off "I'm going to go find my friend actually. I left her on her own so... you know..." I awkwardly stood up and walked back to the bar where Rue was still chatting with the barman.

"Heyyy, your back!" Rue smiled at me. I flashed a smile at her before turning to the barman and saying

"A glass of vodka please". He raised his eyebrow at me; "Yes straight please" I insisted. After that embarrassing encounter, I wanted nothing more than to get drunk enough to forget most of the night. As soon as I got my drink I downed it, before ordering another and doing the same.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I murmed to Rue, who was nursing her first martini.

"Ok, be careful E" she replied as I stumbled away. I followed the signs directing me to the toilets and found myself going down a dimly lit staircase.

As I stumbled down the stairs, I tripped on my heels and just as I was about to fall, I was caught by a pair of strong arms who put me back upright. I looked up to see who my saviour was to be met with Charles' face inches away from mine. He was so close I could feel his breath on my face; it smelt minty.

"Careful Cherie" He breathed "Wouldn't want you to injure yourself before the season's even started"

"Thanks" was all I could manage. My drunk brain was not functioning, especially with his face up so close and his hands still on my arms.

"That dress..." he whispered under his breath.

"What?" I wanted him to finish his sentence. I wanted him to do a lot of things in that moment.

He pulled away. "I guess I'll see you on track". He ran his hands down my arms and hands before letting go and walking past me up the stairs. I stood there for a second trying to process what had happened before turning to go back up the stairs to rejoin Rue, completely forgetting to go to the toilet like I had planned.

################################################################################

woahhhhh, things got intense for a second ;) Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Make sure to comment your thoughts - I love reading what you guys think hehe