Chapter 32

"Just write your answers underneath the chalk please." Charlotte requested to me. A free weekend meant media content creation, which I didn't mind. Today, all the drivers had been requested to make a chalk board kind of introducing themselves. I took the board and a piece of chalk from her. 

My name is: Edom Hakimi

F1 season #: 1st (of hopefully many)

I am from: England 

My fav food is: PASTA (in particular alla vodka) 

My hype song is: Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - Lana Del Rey

This year I will: Show that women do it better

I struggled to squeeze the song name in, but it had actually taken me a while to decide what to put. I listen to lots of different music and wanted to put something that also had meaning behind it. The song, although slow, made a burn in me. After being put down my whole career, it was hope and belief that fuelled my charge to the top and now the burn was stronger than ever; the patriarchy could try extinguish my dreams but they could never extinguish my hope, only the opposite and that's what made me feel powerful. I prided myself on my resiliance and for never having given up. 

I stood infront of the grey backdrop, sending me back to my school picture days where I was forced to sit on a stool and smile for the camera. This time, I meant my smile. 

"Got it! Thanks Edom - perfect as always." The usual cameraman winked at me and I smiled at him. 

As I went to leave, I noticed Charles was getting ready for his. I hadn't seen him since we had both had to leave the next morning, but we'd been calling most days if we could find a time where we were both not working and awake. Despite my nerves, I decided to go up to him. 

"Hey," I smiled, trying to play it cool. Charles looked up at me and his gorgeous green eyes met mine. 

"Dazzling the crew as usual Edom?" He teased and I laughed. 

"What can I say." I joked "Let's see your board." He turned it around to show me. 

My name is: Charles Leclerc

F1 season #: 6

I am from: Monaco 

My favourite food is: Pasta

My hype song is: The Adults Are Talking - The Strokes

The last question was still yet to be answered. 

"I said pasta too." I smiled and he returned the gesture. 

"We also chose songs with names too long to fit in the box." He chuckled. 

"What are you going to put in the last one?" I asked and Charles shrugged, looking back down at the board thoughtfully. 

"Maybe something like 'be in red'" He said after a second. 

"Ugh boring." I mocked. "I can't tell if your commitment to ferrari is a green or red flag at this point." 

"Green - i'm loyal."

"Or obssessive? Delusional?" 

"Well, I am dressed in red, so..." We laughed

"Okay, Edom, we need you in the next room please," Charlotte ushered to me from the door. 

"Call tonight?" Charles asked, his tone warm. 

"Yes, please." I smiled. It was still slightly strange to me how different our relationship was. He was almost like a different person to me. I wandered after Charlotte, wondering what Charles would end up writing on that last bit.