25: Your Love

Author's Note:

Whipped this one up today! Even though I just received terrible news, and didn't get into my first choice college well I guess I'm not going to dwell on it... And here you guys go, hope you enjoy it! Thanks to those who reads and votes and comments! So highly appreciated :)

-

“My legs are going to die!” I groaned out as I carried yet another box into our new house. Niclas simply laughed and walked behind me, he too was carrying a rather large box; these boxes were mostly his things, his techno crap and books, all my things literally fit in one luggage! But I didn’t mind, moving in with Niclas was an experience and so would be living with him. I didn’t want to sound clingy or anything but I honestly couldn’t wait.

“Ah, babe, that’s the beauty of moving in together” He put his box down and put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me towards him and giving me a peck on the lips. I smiled as I leaned into him and gave a little giggle. The movers had already left us and it was six in the evening, which meant dinnertime. Obviously we hadn’t bought any groceries so that meant we had to eat out.

“What do you want to eat tonight boo?” I asked.

“Mmm, I’ve got some wine and we can quickly grab whatever you want?” We walked into the kitchen as Niclas began to open up the crate that contained the wine bottles. I scooted and pushed myself up onto the pantry.

“How about pizza?” Niclas scrunched up his nose.

“Damn college years, I can’t eat anymore of those things” I laughed and motioned for him to come towards me. Niclas stood between my legs and I put my arms around his neck.

“So, what do you feel like eating? Chinese? Thai?” His hand caressed my thigh and moved up the fabric of my rose silk dress.

“Chinese sounds good,”

“Alright, I got a bunch of delivery advertisements from Pam, I’ll go sort through them and pick the one that looks the nicest!” Niclas laughed and walked over to clean up the kitchen a little. I sifted through the papers and found three Chinese restaurant ads that looked pretty appetizing.

“So there’s Yum Yum Hunan, Tai Chi Café and Wok Shop Café, do you feel like having noodles? Or like oriental Chinese food, like you know rice?” Niclas walked over and handed me his iPhone.

“Whichever you want babe, noodles fine” I took the phone from his hand, so Wok Shop Café it is! Niclas opted for the teriyaki flavor while I decided to give my old favorite another try, pad Thai! He then left me to get more boxes from the living room as I made the call.

“The food will be here in around thirty minutes, unless you want to go pick it up?” I sat down on the floor beside him as he whipped out a Swiss army knife and began to slice the box open. The label said ‘Office’.

“You want to go? We can quickly get some groceries as well?” I nodded and Niclas went over to the pantry to grab the keys to his car. I got our coats from the foyer and handed him his as we turned off the lights and locked the door behind us. I sat shotgun beside Niclas, his hand in mine and the other gripping onto the steering wheel. We headed to the nearest grocery store and got all the necessities like bread, milk, eggs, vegetables and meats. Finally with grumbling stomachs we picked up our order from the Wok Shop Café.

On the way back home I was feeling so content. I felt like Niclas and I were married, we were living in a large house for God’s sake. I know that I was going to turn twenty in a few months and college was not really an option for me right now, it wasn’t that I hated education or school but I felt that I might not have time for college. I am currently so happy with my job at the bay, my living arrangements with Niclas, my life, and my guardians: Clive and Pam. But there was always the question, what if Niclas leaves me? Then what will happen to me? Even though it felt like we were married the truth was we weren’t. And I wondered if we would ever get married. The ride home was quiet, but it was a comfortable silence and we ate our dinner while making small talk, just enjoying each other’s company.