9: POV Bradley (Unbelievable Truths)

Author's note: 

Thank you for the great and fast feedback yesterday you guys :) Like I promised, here is the next chapter in Bradley's (Alabama's ex-best friend) point of view, there will be more point of views from him as this one only reveals one of her secrets. Hope you guys will enjoy this chapter! Once again to those who have read, voted and commented thank you so very much! It is highly, highly appreciated!

Bam Bam left two nights ago. To say that I miss her was an understatement. I was supposed to be her best friend. I was supposed to be there for her when her brothers weren't. I was supposed to protect her when Brandi and the girls turned on her. I was supposed to make her better. I was supposed to make her stay. I was supposed to help her get through this. I was supposed to help her, I was supposed to help her be happy. And I failed myself. 

Mr. and Mrs. Carson, Brody, Reece, Brandi, Jackson, me and a bunch of other people were holed up in the Carson's living room. I remembered the times I spent in this very room with Bam Bam, watching her favorite movies and eating junk food like there was no tomorrow. A policeman was sitting in front of Mrs. Carson, Mr. Carson was behind her trying to soothe his sobbing wife. Brody and Reece's eyes were rimmed red, as if they hadn't slept at all and Brandi was sobbing. Jackson was sitting beside Brody and Reece, his face was in his hands and we could hear little sniffling noises. I was trying so hard not to cry. I felt so stupid, Bam Bam had been with me through everything and over some small little incident I had ignored her and left her all alone, even when I knew that she damaged herself. 

It hit me then. What kind of person was I? How could I have let popularity blind me? How could I just leave Bam Bam to herself knowing that she was depressed and suffered from suicidal thoughts and social anxiety. With that thought I shot up and ran to her room. Everyone's eyes darted to my retreating back but I had to make sure she had taken them with her. With trembling hands I rushed into Bam Bam's room and my hands reached under her bed for the box she kept under there. When I finally felt the feel of cardboard I hooked my finger into the box and pulled it out. What I saw made me want to cry. I ran downstairs, this time tears were already streaming down my eyes. When I came back in the living room in my state everyone's eyes turned horrified at the look on my face. 

"Sh-She didn't take her pills with her!" My voice broke a little, I didn't care if I didn't look manly at the moment but Alabama's life could be in danger. "She didn't take her pills!" I yelled this time. Everyone was stunned and their eyes darted to the bottles of pills I had clenched in my hands. 

"Br-Bradley, what are you talking about?" Brody's voice broke out.

"You knew! And you didn't do anything about it! You fucking knew! You were supposed to be her brother! Why didn't you do anything!" Mrs. Carson started wailing. 

"Don't blame me for this shit! You were her best friend, you should have made her stay! You should have fucking fixed her!" Then he turned his attention to Brandi who was cowering away from all the commotion hoping that she wouldn't get involved. "And you!" Brody yelled, his voice reverberating throughout the house. "What kind of friend are you! Fucking whoring around when your best friend! My fucking sister was suicidal!" Brandi had a shocked look on her face, Brody looked as if he wanted to say more but Mr. Carson cut him off. 

"Brody, that's enough. Sit down right now and we're going to figure this out." Brandi looked flabbergasted, she probably was because her entire high school life all she had fantasized about was Brody, and to have him say that to her probably felt like a knife was just stabbed in her heart. Quickly she stood up and ran to the kitchen, her sobs were already heard. Even though she had broken up with Lance he still ran after her. Brandi had made some real stupid decisions but then again, I can say the same thing for myself.