6: Disarming Concerns

Author's note: Sorry I haven't updated in a while, there was two ways the story could have gone and I was just deciding which way I wanted it to go. Thanks to those who have been reading, commenting and voting, I really really appreciate it and you don't know how much it means to me :) thank you again. And also, the next chapter might have some drama and I might upload again tonight so laters!  The song on the side, inspired me of the setting of this chapter and kind of the content but just a tad bit :) anyways, enjoy this chapter!

-

The bus driver announced we had arrived at Richmond, and again to those who are staying 'welcome' but those who are continuing their journey has to make a long transfer and the next drop off is at Memphis. There was a tug at my heart, because I knew that was where August was getting off and I would probably be friendless again. I had left my iPhone at home because I didn't want anyone tracking me to where I was going. I could probably get another new one later, with a new number. With my student pass I would probably be able to get a discount for it as well, I hoped. 

"So, where are you going to go for the next six hours? Checking in to a motel or something?" I shrugged as I got my things.

"I don't know, I think I might... What about you?" August gave me a wary look before looking down.

"Uh, I got somewhere to go, but I mean I'll be back to board in six hours. I think you should check into the Lily motel, it's really close and it's not so bad either. Looks like you need a good rest champ" I nodded my head and smiled at him. Sure I liked August, but I liked him enough as a stranger. Obviously I did not trust him just yet. We had a great conversation on the bus and it was pretty eventful, we laughed quite a bunch that some lady at the back had to tell us to keep quiet. But that's what happen you know? When you've been so emotionally drained for the past three to five years of  your life and then you meet someone that's like a bursting ball of sunlight you can't help but enjoy yourself and savor the moment. I gave August a smile and agreed.

"Yeah. I think I'll do that, where are you going? Meeting someone?" I wasn't paying attention to August as I was grabbing my belongings but his voice came out cautiously.

"I don't know, he's going to give me a call." August said as he whipped out his iPhone. He was actually very well equipped for his trip. 

"Alright then, thanks for the awesome time on the bus. I'll see you later Auggie." I smiled and waved at him as I made my way to the information center. I couldn't help but not shake away the thought that he was up to something. August was loud and he wouldn't hesitate to answer any of my questions. The short ride in the bus proved that. He was a very open person, but then how come he was so quiet and disturbed just now? Maybe he was going to meet his family member and wasn't comfortable with them? Maybe he had a meeting with a client for his tattoo job and he was extra nervous? But August did say friend didn't he? And how did he know there was a motel close by? My thoughts were interrupted by a feminine voice.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I looked up at the red haired woman, dressed neatly in a suit waiting for my answer.     

"Oh hello there, sorry I was uh- I mean, could I book into the Lily motel about now? Do you know if it might be full or anything?" The girl smiled at me and typed away on her computer before pursing her lips.

"Ah, I'm sorry, turns out the Lily motel is fully booked tonight. It's the nicest and cheapest afterall. There's a pageant going on so they've book it but there is the Ridge Inn. It's a little less comfortable but it's still cheap and sufficient for a one night stay, or for a sleep in. Does that sound good to you? If it does, I can make a call right now?" She said as she clicked things on her laptop. The gleam of the screens brightness shining on her face making her look surreal.