3: A New Journey

Author's Note:

Hi everyone, I just want to say honestly, thank you so very much for reading, fanning, voting and commenting on my book. I'll try to upload every night so that you guys don't have to wait up for the next parts. I am so grateful for you readers, please keep reading, commenting and voting! Also, for those who fanned once again thank you so, so very much I really appreciate it, you don't even know how much it made my day! :) anyways onto my story! This one is more of a explanation/filler on one of the things that have happened in her life, one of the reasons to why she's runaway from home. 

-

I've made it this far. My bags have been placed in the bus and my ticket clenched in my hand. I took the first few steps of my new beginning. The wet pavement beneath the soles of my sneakers gave tiny squelching noises. I tightened the straps of my backpack closer against myself before rubbing my hands against each other. My foggy breath like whispers of steam from a mug of warm coffee. I walked towards the bus wet with droplets, it was already turned on and an overweight man sat at the drivers seat with a cross look on his face. I didn't think I was late, I had gone to the little tuck shop to grab myself a bottle of water and a packet of red vines. The marshmallow peeps caught my eyes but they were too easy for me to finish. I needed something to distract myself, and without the fatherly cab driver the bus was somewhere I'd have to entertain myself. I quickly ran to the bathroom to take a little leak so that I wouldn't be busting in the bus. The white tiles in there however made me wish I had just held in my pee. Even though it was just a bathroom I was reminded of the bathroom in the diner near my home, and what happened in there just two years ago.  

"Jackson? What are you doing in here? Oh my God, Jackson! This is the girl's bathroom!" I giggled at him. We were on a double date but the other couple, my best girl friend Brandi and her boyfriend Lance were too busy arguing over whose house they were going to after the date was over. 

"What do you think I'm doing?" He began to push me against the wall and for a second I let out a loud squeal before I slapped my hand to my mouth, afraid that anyone would catch us. Jackson started to trail lingering kisses down my neck, his hands roaming down my curves and arms.

"Can't we wait until we get to my place?" I moaned, trying to push him off of me. I was not going to do anything risky in a public place, especially in a small town like this where anyone who walked in would instantly look down upon us.

"But Allie...-" 

"Jackson?!" Both Jackson and I whipped our heads to the source of the voice. My eyes widened hoping that it wasn't some old lady. But it clearly wasn't from the sound of the voice. Instead my eyes landed on a petite blonde girl with straightened hair and dark make up with pink eye shadow around her eyes. Behind the make up, she was indeed gorgeous. But the question on my mind was; Who was she? And why was she calling Jackson's name?

"S-Stacy?" Jackson had let go of me his face started to look worried. "What are you doing here? You can't be here? I thought you said you lived in Boston?" Boston? I had thought it weird at first, I had thought it weird that he was even acknowledging her and haven't even introduced me to her. Then it hit me. Jackson had gone to Boston for a summer camp at Boston College, but still, who was this girl?

"I came all the way here to look for you, I was going to go to your school and come see you...I know you told me that it was over, that it was just a fling, but it wasn't for me...Jackson, it wasn't for me..." She pleaded before she turned her head to me, "Who's that?" She sneered.

"I-I'm his girlfriend" I stammered, surprised at her words. Her pretty face turned into a frown before she turned back to Jackson.

"I came all the way here to look for you! That summer was not a fling for me! I wanted you! When you slept with me, I felt fireworks Jack. You never told me anything about her!" She retaliated pointing fingers at me.   

"Jackson?" I waited for him to explain before I jumped to conclusions. 

"Were you with her when you slept with me?" The girl's eyes widened, and she looked murderous.

"Stacy I told you it was over, it wasn't even meant to begin with in the first place! I was drunk and if I hadn't even hid in your room after the party I wouldn't even have slept with you, I-" Before he could say anything else I had pushed him off me and ran out of the bathroom with tears running down my face, I had heard enough. I slammed a ten dollar bill on our table, leaving a quite shocked Lance and Brandi.   

Jackson Sumner had been by boyfriend. And to be perfectly honest I had loved him to pieces. When things got rough, when I had disagreements with my family he would be there for me. He would send me roses and give me the best bear hugs. Brad on the other hand didn't favor him, the two were always neck to neck. They played football together, they were on the same team but the only times they would get along was when they were on the field. Jackson had been my boyfriend for two years and a half, everyone had said we were so good together. I had known him since primary school, he admitted that he never liked me in primary school since all the boys back then were after Taleah, a European girl. But she grew up to be the girl who partied too much and slept around too much, that in the end none of the boys really wanted a stable relationship with her. Jackson and I had made dreams of getting married after college and moving in together. But after that incident in the local diner our dreams dashed into air. 

Two years. In a time span of two years I have lost my best friend, my boyfriend... 

I climbed up the stairs of the bus. It was now 6:48 and the bus would leave in about 12 minutes, it was better that I arrived early. I certainly did not want to get left behind, I gave the bus driver a heart warming smile hoping to make him feel a little better. I guess I would be in a pissed off mood too if I had to drive buses all day and all night long! Surprisingly the bus driver gave a heavy sigh before giving me a little smile back.

"Evening ma'am, heading to Virginia, Norfolk?" His hand reached out for my ticket.

"Evening, yes, yes I am." I replied as I handed him my ticket so that he could check that I was at the right place. "I'll have to transfer at Norfolk is that right?"

"Exactly right," He handed me my bus tickets back.

"Alright, thank you so much" I quipped.

"Are you here alone ma'am? You seem a little young?" I stopped dead in my tracks. My heart beat a little faster, but I took a breath to calm myself down a little. Just because I was running away from home it didn't mean that anyone was after me, it wasn't like anyone would be after me anyways.

"Yes I'll be travelling alone, my family is busy and I'm just heading back to college. It's my sophomore year. Nothing special that my family has to come with me for." I gave him a reassuring smile to make it seem more believable.

"Travel costs, am I right?" I nodded my head curtly.

"Yeah, everything's getting expensive these days" I replied. The bus driver laughed and gave me an agreeing smile.

I gave him one last nod before walking to my seat. I doubt there would be anyone sitting by me so I scooted over to sit by the window. My forehead leaned against the cool glass but my ears perked up as one by one more passsengers boarded the bus. But it didn't last long, the next time my eyes opened was because of the sound of the bus doors closing.  

Here's a start to a new journey. The next part of my life.