𝟢𝟥𝟦,𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞

When Newt said his house is like Bill and Fleur's, he wasn't lying

It's one of the few houses at the side of the lake. Instead of bricks, I mostly see different sizes of stones on the walls. There's a lot of windows. The veranda is big, with a lounge couch and all. Above it is a balcony, which I hope is connected to Newt's room. That would be cool.

"It's really not that special." Newt pulls me toward the front door with a laugh. "Come on."

"My house is the most boring thing ever," I realize.

His father chuckles as he unlocks the door.

He's really nice, by the way. He didn't talk an extreme amount during the thirty-minute drive here, but he introduced himself and asked us some questions.

Noah Isaacs is a tall man. He wears glasses. The small ones, you know? His hair is blonde like Newt's and he also looks way younger than he probably is.

Newt continues pulling my arm as we walk inside. Well, he's kind of always pulling my arm, but I don't mind. Whenever he pulls hard, he's excited— never mind, this sounds way too dirty.

But yeah, I can tell he's excited.

First, we walk through a hallway. I see a mirror, a door to what I think might be the toilet and another door that's likely some storage room, or maybe the electricity closet. But I don't have much time because, as I said, Newt's pulling me with him.

"You're gonna pull the poor boy's arm off," his father laughs.

"He wanted to see my room," Newt points out.

"The one you paid Sonya to clean for?"

"Dad!"

I look at Newt, smiling. "You paid Sonya to clean your room?"

His cheeks grow red. "Well, you know, it was messy, and she was here in the weekend, so I figured I should spare you from the mess."

"I don't mind some mess. You should see my room. It's full of paint."

Literally. When I was seven, I had a beautiful wallpaper with... I don't even remember, I guess dinosaurs. A week later, I got a white canvas for my birthday. One stripe of paint on my wall after the other, and little me painted my whole wall with canvas paint. Then I get into the 'splash paint onto the canvas with my hands' phase, and my wall was covered in spats.

Then I no longer started caring about the damn wall. I even painted on my wall to see if colors would match before actually painting on canvas.