𝟢𝟧𝟧,𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬

The minutes of practicing hand massaging with Jennifer helped

It's close to fidgeting with my hands as I can't find Lelia, but it feels nicer and does really calm me down.

"Don't worry," the familiar British voice comes closer. "Minho told me Lelia wanted to go home. He went with her."

At first, I hate the idea. Lelia not being close to me and all... but then I relax my shoulders. It's okay. She's safe at home. This might be good for her. And I know my sister: she will clean her room when special guests come over.

Plus, she might like not being around me for a while. I for sure don't like it, but I understand if she does. And I'm here with Newt, so it's not that bad at all.

"Alright," I say.

I catch the surprise in his eyes at first, but then he nods. "Alright. Now we're gonna do something to make this day less bloody depressed."

My eyebrows fly up. "I'm not hiking to that spot of yours again. I hate walking."

"It might even be better. Come on." As always, he gently pulls me with him, holding my wrist. I follow him all the way to the back of the Homestead, where the pin board is still to be found. I've got to admit that I've never paid attention to it before, except for checking which chores I had. It now occurs to me that there's other activities we can do after arts.

Newt points at a specific note.

10 PM, lanterns.

"That's where we're going."

☀︎︎

"And there you go." The boy I recognize as Gally pushes one of those disgusting drinks in my hands.

Trying not to seem too horrified by the smell, I hand it back. "No, thanks."

"I know the rumors. And I swear it's not my piss."

I stare at the smelly, yellowish liquid. "Are you sure about that?"

"Positive. But okay, not everyone is a fan of strong drinks like these." He scratches the back of his buzzed hair. "It's Lyndon, right?"

"And you're Gally," I say.

He nods. "Yup. Guess it's nice to meet you. Where's Newt? I figured he'd be with you."

"Said it was 'bloody busy' so forced me to stay here as he got the lanterns." I point at the line of kids waiting for a lantern. Janson is one of the people handing them out. Gally showed up with his drinks the second that man no longer paid attention.

After the whole Thomas thing, my opinions on him have definitely changed.

"Well, lucky for you we, my friends are your friends, always go to a less crowded place to release the lanterns. A big field with a bonfire and all. I'm sure Newt will show you. See ya."