𝟢𝟤𝟦,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧

Though I must look horrible, Newt's face still lights up the second he sees me, and for the first time ever, his arms wrap around me, embracing me into a hug

About time. I absolutely love hugs, but last time I got one was when Dad left us at the camp, and that was two weeks ago. Way too long. Besides, this is Newt.

His smell isn't like in books, where things get described as cinnamon, chocolate, and caramel-smelling, but there for sure is a hint of vanilla in his shampoo. I bury my head in the crook of his neck, wishing I wasn't the one who's an inch taller than the other. If it were like that, I would've been able to bury myself in his arms even better.

"I missed you," I tell him. "It was horrible in that thing. I couldn't sleep and spent the whole night on a stupid chair."

He lets out a laugh. "If it helps, I couldn't sleep either. Because I missed you." A pause. "And why didn't you tell me you don't like the dark?"

My face falls. "What—"

"Lelia told me," he says. "The thing is, I don't like the dark either. We've both slept in the bloody dark, thinking the other was comfortable."

Now I do manage a laugh as I let go. "Well, if this helps, I wasn't uncomfortable. I'm able to sleep in the dark with someone I trust close."

His eyes get big, and smile wider. "You trust me," he says. It's barely a question.

"Of course." I smile, then my eyes trail behind Newt. I see Minho, Fry, Alby, Thomas, Teresa, and Sonya. No Lelia, so a frown forms on my face.

Quickly, I make my way to their table. "Where is Lelia?"

"Before you get pissed, perhaps get some food first," Newt suggests. I'm in such a hurry to hear what's going on, even though my mouth waters at the sight of food, that my toast with scrambled eggs, and my other toast with avocado, look messy as hell. A minute later, I'm sitting at the table.

"Spill."

Sonya points at Minho. "Blame that idiot."

And Teresa points at Alby. "And him."

"Yeah," Thomas agrees gingerly. But it's really only because Teresa is touching his arm and he's listening with one ear, staring at her with twinkling eyes.

"I didn't do anything!" Alby defends. "I said that if I knocked on the door three times and blew on my fingers, Janson would be coming. Not my fault that Lelia didn't listen!"

"Exactly!" Minho joins in.

Sonya sighs. "And when did you agree to that again?"

"On our way to Janson's office."

"And did she reply to y'all?"

"...no."

"Well, then!"