𝟢𝟥𝟩,𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐭

"So I've been telling him he's allowed to take our old room, but he finds it too much work to move all his stuff—" Jennifer continues

"I don't think Lelia really cares about the size of my room," Minho points out.

Unbothered by anything except for how good this pizza is, I shrug.

Okay, I'm kind of bothered by the way my mind is replaying everything that just happened in Minho's room, and how he's sitting across from me, and his parents must notice a change in my behavior.

I hate him for being able to act like we didn't do anything, while I'm over here, failing.

Just saying I don't want us to act like this never happened. So what's that supposed to mean? We're gonna have a deep talk after this? No, thank you.

There's many things I like about Minho, and there's many things that annoy me about Minho.

Usually those are the same things.

His jokes, confidence, attractiveness, how he acts. All like-able, all annoying.

"You know what?" Hiram speaks up. "I think we should roast some marshmallows. I mean, unless Lelia is staying the whole night, we need to catch up right now. And even if she does spend the night, y'all will have to go back to the camp sooner or later."

Staying the night was not the plan. I share a glance with Minho, then turn to his father.

"Yeah, roasting marshmallows sounds good."
"Lelia and I were actually in a conversation we'd like to finish."

Ah, great. Again, I do not want to finish that conversation. If his parents weren't so nice, I think my scared ass would've fled already.

God, why did I even agree to coming here? Why the actual fuck did I kiss the one I'm supposed to hate? No, the one I sometimes hate, but definitely dislike.

"Oh, really?" Jennifer looks at her son, then at me. I think my attempt to have a blank face failed. "Well, I think we should just go roast those marshmallows."

"Sure, but—" Minho tries.

"I've already waited eighteen years for you to have deep conversations. Now you're at it, perfect, but I think an hour or two won't make much of a difference compared to those years," she says. "Marshmallows it is. Lelia, do you want to stay for the night?"

"If they're going back to the camp tonight," Hiram interrupts, "I'm bringing them. No way you," he looks at Minho, "are going on that motorcycle in the dark."