𝟢𝟧𝟪,𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

"Why are you getting a job when there's seven weeks of the camp left?" Minho appears beside me, resting his chin on my shoulder so he can look at the screen, too

I don't know what to reply. I just keep scrolling through the many options.

"Lelia."

"I need money."

"Right now?"

I bite my lip. "Yes. Right now. I need a job."

"But it's summer! If you get a job, you won't be able to stay at the camp. I want you to stay at the camp with me again. If you desperately need to buy something, I'll do it for you, but please don't leave the camp."

Okay, sure. Do you have ten thousand? But I don't say that. I swallow deeply, shaking my head.

"How much do you need?" His arms wrap around me from behind. "Or what do you need?"

I don't know what telling him would lead to. Quickly thinking it through, it doesn't sound bad. It might fix everything. He'll motivate me into going to Dad or something.

But thinking deeper about it, I can't do that. Who knows He might've placed a camera or microphone in my room. I mean, he figured out my address and Lyndon's phone number and the supermarket Dad always goes to.

If I tell Minho and He somehow hears it, he might hurt Minho's family. I can't risk things like that.

I take a deep breath before speaking. "I need money. It's a long story, Minho. I have debts because—"

I barely make it through the last sentence: there's a loud crash behind us. Minho startles so hard that he jumps away from me and I almost fall off my chair.

Glass lies shattered on the floor. I feel a sharp pain in my leg, but what mostly pulls my attention is the stone that caused my window to break. It's a flat one, almost like a damn tile that got taken out of the ground. Pictures and notes are connected to it with a rubber band, of course.

"Wait—" I warn, but Minho has already flown down the stairs. I heard the front door slam shut only a second later.

I'm about to follow him before something bad happens, but the picture on top distracts me.

Lyndon and Newt next to each other. Lyndon's holding Newt's arm as the Brit scowls at Noelle, who stares at the ground.

Slowly, I sink to the ground and take the rubber band off. The amount of paper isn't normal— so, so many.

The second picture is a house. I have no idea what that has to do with me until I see the text.

PERHAPS I'LL VISIT YOUR FRIEND STEPHEN.

A lump blocks my throat. The tears start forming, but I refuse to let them go. With shaky hands, I look at the next picture. It's me in the car with Dad and Minho. The next pictures are all of me, too. The location betrays he knows I'm at home, and that I've been watched the whole time again.