chapter twenty-one

┏━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┓
the beginning:
MAMA'S
LULLABY
┗━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┛

━━✥◈✥━━

"YOU'RE NOT PLANNING to kill her don't you?" A single kunai threatened to slit its tip on the unconscious girl's throat. Mitsuki walks out of the shadows with his menacingly yellow eyes illuminating the dark room. The masked figure took a step back from seiren's hospital bed, seeming to be taken aback by his sudden appearance.

Footsteps rushed in and immediately, the masked figure ran hurriedly out on the opened window and disappeared onto the cold night of Konohagakure. Naruto and Sakura walked in and seemed to be surprised to see Mitsuki visiting. The boy gave them both a short greeting. "Hello, Lord Seventh. Lady Sakura."

Naruto smiled "Oh, Mitsuki. You're here." Mitsuki took one last look at Seiren before walking out of the room, much to the adult's confusion. The woman then approached seiren's bed "Oh sweetie~" she cooed quietly, combing the strands of Seiren's hair from her face.

The oxygen mask fogged up by her usual breathing and the heart monitor beeped once in a while. The cold air kept her from sweating. It's been four days and there were no signs that Seiren would be awake by then but Shizune has reassured them that it was just a slow recovery, due to the fatigue and weak immune system that Seiren has, it was expected that it'll take time for her to wake up.

Naruto took Sakura one last look before walking out, leaving Sakura tending to seiren's unconscious state. Taking a basin full of water, she squeezed any excess water out from the towel before damping the drenched cloth on Seiren's forehead.

"Dancing bears, painted wings..." she sang quietly before smiling, a small tear slip from her eye "Things I almost remember..." She took out a parchment paper from her pocket, unfolded it, and placed it on the desk next to Seiren's bed "As a song someone sings." She then continued to brush the towel on Seiren's arm "Once upon a December."

Dear Sakura,

     I've heard from Kaizen about what happened to Seiren. I can only imagine how devastated and saddened you must be, and I share your concern. I wish I could be there with you and Sarada, but my current path keeps me away.

I regret my absence, but I promise to return when I have found a resolution to my journey. My goal is to return as a better man for you and our daughters.

Please, stay strong for Sarada. You are the one who showed me that I am not alone in this world. Hold onto that strength.

Sasuke

━━✥◈✥━━

   Her eyes fluttered open, she was in a void of nothing but white in her surroundings. She felt herself floating, she looked at herself and could see herself wearing nothing but a white dress with her hair holding a flower crown on her head.

"Where... Where am I?" in an instant, her surroundings changed and she was now standing in the grassy fields with flowers full of dandelions, poppies, and other types of flowers that she named instantly in her thoughts. The wind blew and immediately her hair covered her vision which she yelped.

A soft chuckle caught her hearing as she looked around before her breath hitched, her heart beat a million and somehow her soul yearned her to embrace the man in front of her.