chapter eleven

┏━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┓
the beginning:
HER TRAUMA
HAD GOT HER SICK.
┗━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┛

━━✥◈✥━━

            HER EYES TWITCH with her lips frowning in such distaste. His outfit was burning her eyes. Seiren never felt hate towards the color that her teacher picked for his outfit. It was like he owned a circus. 

Yet, that didn't ruin her day. She watches how stuffed toys stand on each corner of the table beside her classmates as they chat and plop some snacks into their mouths, she looks around uncomfortably with a feeling of dread in her stomach yet she ignores it.

Seiren chuckled awkwardly with Inojin as they watched ChoCho eat continuously without noticing how others started to crowd Mitsuki and asked him some questions.

"Hey, what kind of a place is the Hidden Sound Village?" a girl named Wasabi piped in beside Mitsuki who looked at her before looking at Metal who complimented his skills in taijutsu.

Sarada offered Seiren some beverages and the pink-haired girl shook her head, declining and just listened to their conversation instead "The welcome party seems to be going well." Sarada said as she gave the beverage away and approached the group.

Sumire nodded in agreement "Yes, it's all thanks to Aburane-sensei." overhearing their conversation, Shino smiled in glee 'it's going well! Things are going according to plan, and Mitsuki is blending in with the rest of the class.'

Seiren flinched when the stuffed toys started to move from their place, dancing and wiggling that suddenly brought fear to her heart she immediately paled.

"Wow!"

"Amazing!"

"How is he doing this?" Denki asks Metal and Inojin as they watch a bouquet, wiggling, so closely. "It's different from my super beast scroll." Inojin comments.

"Come to think of it, Shino-sensei's ninjutsu is..."

A sudden strike of memory floods Inojin's mind causing his skin to spike up. One of their classmates didn't hear Shino's pleas to hold the bear as she brought it to a tight hug.

A scream pierced through the jovial atmosphere, causing everyone to turn and immediately everything went into chaos. The toy busted and a swarm of bugs escaped. Seiren's heart raced as she stumbled backward, her eyes wide with terror. The bugs have scattered and it bothered everyone. Her breaths came in short gasps as memories flooded her mind.

How she suddenly felt their bites crawling on each of her skin. She could feel their tiny legs, their sickly bodies as they were still there, tormenting her. Inojin — even if bugs surrounding him — rushed to her side, concern etched on his face but his voice sounded distant, drowned out by the pounding of her heartbeat. She tried to move, to run away from the swarm, but her legs felt like lead, rooted to the spot.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she struggled to regain control, to push back the overwhelming sense of panic threatening to consume her. She closed her eyes, willing herself to breathe, to focus on anything other than the bugs that seemed to be everywhere.

As Seiren's panic surged, her heart raced, her breaths coming in short gasps. Sensing her distress, Boruto hurried to her side, he knelt beside Inojin and his voice was soft but steady. "Hey, Seiren, look at me," he said, his warm hand gently resting on her trembling shoulder. "Focus on my voice. Take deep breaths with me. Inhale... and exhale." She struggled to steady her breathing, her chest tight with fear. But she forced herself to follow Boruto's lead, drawing in slow, measured breaths.