chapter eight

┏━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┓
the beginning:
SEIREN HATES BUGS!
┗━━━━━━━◦𑁍◦━━━━━━━━┛

━━✥◈✥━━

SEIREN IN PARTICULAR has somewhat of a bad blood with bugs or per se, insects. It brought her to the hospital with bite wounds that lasted more than a month and a bent ankle that needed medical care and she wasn't able to walk for months.

It might have been a good idea for their sensei to leave the kids unattended on a large field next to the forest. Seiren needed to attend as it was a special trip for the first freshly graduated nursery children to know a small history of their village. They were divided into groups as they had a large number of children.

Unfortunately, she doesn't know anybody in her cluster. Sarada was far from her reach and Inojin was on leave due to having a fever. She was alone with strangers.

"Hey, pinky!" she gasps in pain when a half-empty water bottle hits the back of her head, she clutches her head and turns behind to see a bunch of boys smirking at her. "You're weird! Do you have that kind of hair?" he ends with a laugh.

"Yeah! And she's pale like a ghost!" they approached her which brought a chill down her spine. She winces when they tug her hair harshly "It doesn't seem fake." With a hint of courage, her small arms managed to push the boy off her and he stumbled down on the group with a harsh thud "Let go!" she exclaimed.

His friend didn't like the idea of her pushing his friend so he returned the favor and did the same, this time, he pushed her a bit too rough, and she landed on the ground, almost hitting her head.

"You don't mess with us! Oi! Aburame, show us the technique that your dad taught you! Let that pinky be the target!" she gasps immediately when insects emerge from the boy's sleeves.

A hive of insects flies its way toward her and starts to bite each of her pale skin, she screams and tries to swat them "NO! I'm sorry— please!" she then sprints her way towards the forest without giving any sort of thought with the insects following her.

"HAHAHAHA! Nice one Aburame!"

"H-Hey! T-That's too much!" one of them said in worry as he watched Seiren running toward the forest "Aburame! Stop your insects, now!" he snapped in panic.

"What's with you, Kei?"

Kei glared at them "I told you not to mess with her! We already have one week of suspension and barely got ourselves out of it! Now you wanna mess it all up again?!" His words seemed to boil the boy's anger.

"Come on, Asura—" Kei tries to persuade yet Asura shrugs him off and faces Aburame, the insect user, who seems to be pale "O-Oi! You okay?"

"I-I can't control them!"

"WHAT?!" Kei and Asura shrieks.

Seiren cried out when she felt their piercing mouth bite her skin, she tripped over the tree branch and let herself fall to a hole, stumbling and tripping down the hole. She lands abruptly on the ground with an immense feeling of pain in her ankle which she could not help but cry out in pain.

Insects continue their bidding of tormenting her with their bites. Then suddenly, a jolt of electricity surrounds Seiren she immediately clasps her eyes shut from the sudden flicker of light flashes on her eyes. Gasping, she held her head and had herself covered from the light, she whimpered.